1.    #1  
    I have a 680 and so far I really like it besides some programs crashing it.

A couple things I've noticed:
    - The Palm screen protectors (ordered seperately) seem like the MartinFields or Brando ones--they are stiff, reapplyable, and I've never had such an easy time getting the bubbles out. Durability, we will see.
    - The camera takes surprisingly nice pictures in low light, but the VGA resolution is kind of laughable. Although, I am a hobbyist and part-time press photographer so I never leave home without the dSLR if I need to take real photos
    - The lag... I think this bothers seasoned Palm users more than other people (I used to use Palms all the time). Yes, sometimes the Treo pauses to "think" but I have a feeling this is usually VersaMail checking e-mail in the background. For the first day this was actually because I left the included screen protector on, I think it was pressing on part of the screen. Besides, coming from a Nokia Series 60 phone the Treo feels downright speedy. (Opening e-mails on my 6682 brought up a "Opening..." dialog that took 3-4 seconds... for each e-mail. So annoying.)
    - Blazer is really snappy. Wow! Too bad about the lack of 3G though.
    - The sound quality is... OK. Better than the Treo 650 I used for a while, which I eventually got rid of because I thought it was completely unusable as a phone (quiet, tinny and harsh voice quality). The 680 is usable. It sounds a little muffled to me compared to other phones, but it's loud and not as choppy or broken up as my Nokia tended to be, especially in my apartment which is of marginal reception. In a really quiet room I can hear the GSM buzz in the background, that sort of intermittent buzzing noise that nearby TVs and speakers make when your phone is near. But it actually seems like it is coming from around the antenna, not the speaker. I guess I will get used to it. (Anyone else notice that?)
    - Bluetooth audio via my Nokia headset is mediocre, but usable.
    - Battery life is too early to say, I drained it and recharged it twice and the real testing begins tomorrow. My 6682 also lasted barely a day, especially with e-mail or web use.
    - Palm OS... desperately needs a makeover and an upgrade, but I still like it a million times more than Windows Mobile. (At least calendar alarms sound reliably!)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxintosh View Post
    - The camera takes surprisingly nice pictures in low light, but the VGA resolution is kind of laughable. Although, I am a hobbyist and part-time press photographer so I never leave home without the dSLR if I need to take real photos
    That's the first decent review of the camera I have read. I think it should be fine for me unless the quality is really bad. I guess I'm not a big picture person, but I never have the need to take pictures and then print them. The extent of my picture taking is either for use in my address book for picture caller ID, or to upload to the web, and VGA tends to be plenty large for the web. When I had a 1.3 megapixel camera in one of my phones last year, I only used VGA mode anyway or else I would have to resize the pictures. Do you think the camera quality is suitable enough for web blogging?