1.    #1  
    The reason I got a Treo 680 is to have a missed call and sms notification by LED and repeating alarm. Since Butler hasn't been updated to use the LED yet, I have spent the whole day to look for some program like that. I found this small program Phonedisconnect, which do exactly what I needed. You guys found anything similar?
    There are few that do that, e.g., MissedCall, Central, Butler. Not sure if they work on the 680. Does Phonedisconnect work?
    well, Phonedisconnect definately works and will make the light solid-green upon missed call or SMS. Drawbacks are solid-green is all you get.
    good enough for me for now
    -tgwaste
    Does this only work on the registered version? The trial is not lighting the led on a sms for me.
    I thought it was working fine before I regged it.
    just pay the $5 ya cheap *******
    -tgwaste
    Yet ANOTHER thread on the LED? this couldn't have been posted in one of the 5 other LED threads?

Between these and the 5 battery threads that PalmBear has started, I am having trouble keeping up!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    butler does, in fact, work.

i have it set up to display a solid green LED when i have missed something (via the nag feature). i also have an alert playing every 5 minutes when something has been missed.

you cannot enable a flashing LED, but it's an easy concession to look for a solid LED as opposed to no LED at all (when i haven't missed anything).

edit: obviously i cannot utilize the LED approach when the phone is charging, as the LED is constant when charging regardless. but the phone will still play the alarm tone every 5 minutes. not as handy as the flashing LED approach on the 650, but it's far better than nothing.