Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I just moved into my Treo 680 (from a Treo 650) and discovered that my absolute most essential program, EzRocker, which lets you use the 5-way rocker as a virtual mouse, does not work on the Treo 680. (EzRocker means you never, ever have to take out the stylus, making the Treo truly a one-hand device.)

Does anyone know a way to make EzRocker work with the Treo 680? (The error message that EzRocker gives just says that this is not one of the devices that it works on.) Perhaps there's a way to "trick" an application into thinking it's running on a Treo 650. Or is there another program that can turn the 5-way rocker into a mouse-like device?
    Last edited by badler; 12/06/2006 at 10:26 PM.
    Thats strange. It works on my 600,650,& 700. Are you using version 1.2?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Strange, yes. I'm sure that I'm using version 1.2, which is what was on my Treo 650. The error message from EzRocker says "Sorry but your device is not supported by EzRocker." It then goes on to list the Treo models that are supported, including the 600 and 650 (but not the 700.) It looks like you should have received that error message, too, on your Treo 700, but for some reason you didn't and EzRocker is working on the 700.

I'd love to get EzRocker working on my Treo 680 -- to get beyond that opening message that says it's on a device not supported by EzRocker.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Thats strange. It works on my 600,650,& 700. Are you using version 1.2?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I just heard from the developer of EzRocker, and there will soon be an update to EzRocker so it works on the Treo 680. Exciting news!

I my humble opinion, EzRocker should be included with all Treos. If you have EzRocker on your Treo you never have to use a stylus. EzRocker is an amazing and essential Treo program.
    This sounds like a very useful program. I'll have to check it out when it is released. My Nokia 9300 had a similar "virtual" mouse that was controled by a small joystick. It was very useful when web browsing.
    Its already updated for the 680