Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    curious if this is better/ more stable than Verichat.

Thanks
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'd be curious to know as well. I'm getting my Treo tomorrow and a good IM program is important to me. But since I only use AOL, I was thinking of just trying AOL 3.3.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    what is the program called?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz View Post
    what is the program called?
    IM+

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52522
    Last edited by benex; 12/06/2006 at 07:41 PM. Reason: wrong link
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    I'd be curious to know as well. I'm getting my Treo tomorrow and a good IM program is important to me. But since I only use AOL, I was thinking of just trying AOL 3.3.

http://info.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/
    yeah, it's an old app, but runs like new on my 600
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I tried IM+ and it wouldn't connect to AIM. I went to their website and they noted the error for that, and had a bunch of fixes for all the platforms except palms.

So, I went and downloaded Mundu V3. So far, it's pretty good. Will keep you posted.
  7. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Hey, this Mundu's not so bad! I just dl'd it tonight.
    Wow, mundu seems pretty good. I like it.
    Though the site doesnt have it specifically for the 680, the 650 version works fine for the basics.
    I noticed some things dont work, like having a popup when you get a message if Mundu is running in the background. Or have it vibrate along with the popup. The alert sound works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    http://info.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/
    yeah, it's an old app, but runs like new on my 600
    This is the one I'm going to try:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...59256&R=159256

While nobody has posted anything with regard to compatibility with the 680, a couple of people said it worked fine with the 700p, so since they have the same OS, I'm assuming it should work fine on the 680.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I haven't tried the version released today of IM+ but I did try the previous version.

Issue I had with it was that it would disconnect and reconnect constantly. I have a notifier account setup to sms me if my primary account gets logged off. and I swore I got an sms every 2.5 minutes.

I was going to try Mundu. I'm not thrilled with the big blue border, but if it stays connected, I can suffer
    RIght now im using Causerie, and i actually like it. Mundu bothered me a little, I didn't care for it. I wish these programs would allow you to make your own away message like Verichat did, and let you move your buddies around on the list. and it keeps me connected
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I don't dig the annual fee. Otherwise it's a great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post
    RIght now im using Causerie, and i actually like it. Mundu bothered me a little, I didn't care for it. I wish these programs would allow you to make your own away message like Verichat did, and let you move your buddies around on the list. and it keeps me connected
    Can you guys get Causerie to consistently show people that are "really" logged on as online?

I have two Yahoo accounts - one work, one home. I log onto the work one with the 680 and Causerie. People that show up as "online" on my home account (they're on both lists, like my wife) are OFFLINE on Causerie.

I posted to the Causerie board about this but never saw any response. Guess it's time to email support, since I need to find a replacement to Verichat - and so that probably leaves Causerie, Mundu or IM+.
    IM+ looks interesting, but I haven't tried it yet. Anybody else tried it? Is it reliable? Let us know.

Al
    Hey Marc - Looks like a lot of people would like to see your original IM application again!

IM would be a nice addition to Chatter - a development cycle coming full circle.
    Hear, hear!
    After some initial problems, Chatter worked pretty good for me both on MSN and Yahoo until something happened and Marc decided to go email only.
    So if he can spare some time (doubtfully) I would love to see good ol' Chatter IM again.

~Christopher
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Hey Marc - Looks like a lot of people would like to see your original IM application again!

IM would be a nice addition to Chatter - a development cycle coming full circle.
    Second the motion! I'd love to see IM return to Chatter. Chatter was the ultimate 'communicator' when IM was bundled into it. When Marc dropped IM I moved to Verichat, which was decent but not great. But now they've pulled the plug on that too.
    PalmBear: Please send an email to support@mantragroup.com with
    Causerie version, Device Id and Carrier.
    Mundo kept losing connection and resetting the calibration on my touchscreen! Didn't happen to anyone else?

I have ~10 months left this year on Verichat, but it keeps rebooting the phone.

I recall not being a fan of IM+, but may have to give it another go if they have a new version that's compat with the 680.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    I like verichat because of the additional features they have that other programs don't, but it would constantly reset my 650. If i can't find my license code (which looks like I won't) then I'll have to purchase another program.
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast