Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey, gang..

Reports on the battery thread are that there appear to be multiple versions of firmware and software on this initial batch of 680s. (At least one person posted that their firmware is different than it is on my 680, so I'm wondering if this isn't contributing to the differences we're seeing in battery reliability).

What's not clear is if the firmware/software differences are due to locked/unlocked versions. On the one hand, it'd make sense for firmware version x.y to be the same across both. But it's hard to say for certain one way or the other.

So, to eliminate firmware/software differences, can you guys plz post what you have, and what your experience with battery charge has been (good/bad)? Maybe we can find a common thread and root cause here..

My phone (one of the 'first' 680s..bought on Black Friday with REALLY bad battery performance) info follows:

Firmware: R01.31
    Software: TREO680-1.03-CNG
    Hardware: A

Others report a firmware R01.5 something, but that's on unlocked..so not sure if there are any 1.5s on Cingular.

Would appreciate any/all info & help in narrowing this down..

Thanks..

- PB
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Here's my info for an unlocked....

Firmware-MW01.50
    Software-1.04 ROW
    Hardware-A

I've only had my phone since Saturday, but as with most, I am detecting really poor battery performance. From 100% power in the morning, with light-medium use, I'm at around 40% by 4:30pm.

Maybe not terrible for some, but the fact that I have to be concerned at all with the battery barely making it through a full day bothers me. Time will tell if it improves. Been charging overnight, every night, so far.
    I pull my phone off the charger at 8:00 I am down to 5% by 6:00 pm so then I have to put it on the charger for an hour or so to last me until I go to bed at about 11:00 pm. I have an unlocked Copper 680

Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    How do I get the info?
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    How do I get the info?
    go to phone app. press menu button, go to options, go to phone info
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!

8:00am to 6:00pm down to 40% with almost no use.
    I have TERRIBLE battery life. Unlocked Palm device on Cingular.

Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    I got my phone yesterday. battery was at 50% when I got it.

pulled it off cradle at 5:45AM after 3.5 hours of charging on a 650 cradle.

did email downloads every 30 minutes on 2 accounts, sent one email that was 6mb. At 2:00 I changed the email download to once an hour.

2 10 minute phone calls
    several txt messages
    calendar use
    moved some contacts from 650 via IR

22% at 5:45PM

78% in 12 hours. My 650 under similar usage was never below 40% at this time.

Software TREO680-1.03-CNG
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Firmware-MW01.50
    Software-1.04 ROW
    Hardware-A

I am losing 15-20% per hour. I am seeing it get a little better today. I was getting 7-10% on my 650.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Took it off the charger at 0715
    Medium use, lots of data, several calls, bluetooth syncing, few texts.
    Time is now 1700, battery is at 67%

10 hours, only lost 33%. Mine seems to be doing fine.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Battery is as 68% as of right now. Been unplugged working hard since 6:30 AM this morning.
  12.    #12  
    Holy Cow, Ancker & JRod..how in the world are you guys getting such good battery performance? What's the trick?

I've had my 680 since "Day One" (Black Friday), so I don't think it's a "break in the battery" issue..

And, my firmware and software is the same as yours.

The mystery continues..the only thing I can think is there's a "bad" batch of 680s. Maybe it's a phone dependent thing? But there seems to be a LOT more "bad" 680s in terms of battery performance than "good" ones.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    Holy Cow, Ancker & JRod..how in the world are you guys getting such good battery performance? What's the trick?

I've had my 680 since "Day One" (Black Friday), so I don't think it's a "break in the battery" issue..

And, my firmware and software is the same as yours.

The mystery continues..the only thing I can think is there's a "bad" batch of 680s. Maybe it's a phone dependent thing? But there seems to be a LOT more "bad" 680s in terms of battery performance than "good" ones.
    Honestly, I don't have any tricks. I charge my Treo every night, and use it often. Don't get me wrong.....a week ago, my battery was pathetic. Each day, it is getting better though.
    Firmware R01.31

24 hours since pulled off charger.... moderate use (more voice than data)... battery down to 70%

I've had the phone now for a week and the charge seems to be lasting longer. First 24 hours of moderate use had the battery down to 40%.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Palm (unlocked) version:

Software: Treo680-1.04-ROW
    Cingular Version:

Software: TREO680-1.03CNG

Battery: 66% @ 3:24PM PST

My Bluetooth has been off most of the day due to a Bad headset.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Cingular Version

I just posted my thought on this in 2 other threads. I dont want to keep duplicating, so I will instead link!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...62#post1144062
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Unlocked Palm Graphite

Received phone yesterday, charged to 100% last night, woke up and battery was at 91%. Moderate use during the day. Played around with apps, and made about 7 phone calls averaging of about 5 minutes each. IR off, BT on during morning and evening commute and some during the morning at work. Battery level was at 51% around 4 p.m. before placing back on charger.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Ditto wcarr3, et al. So, there're really no differences, other than Cingular and unlocked versions, apparently.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Man... 8am PST in the morning fully charged. Power user all day, syncing up email all day long, phone call with clients, and a bit of web browsing....

i'm down to 13% and its 6:18pm PST right now... My work day is not over yet but my phones about dead... this sucks.. Going to try it with the auto clock update that someone mentioned earlier to see if that helps tomorrow
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast