Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've had mine since Tuesday, did a full discharge/recharge twice and the battery completely blows still. I even turned off polling e-mails to see if it would help. Unplugged at 11 am, dead by 11 pm. Unless there is a fix soon, this is just not going to work.

Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: Treo680-1.04-ROW
    Hardware: A
    Interesting;
    my review unit is a cingular model
    Firmware: R01.31
    Software: TREO680-1.03-CNG

Battery can make it thru the day (ok, 9pm); will tell more when my review goes up
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Hardware:A
    Unbranded\unlocked

My batterylife is pretty bad. My 680 needs a recharge on a normal\busy day.
    Quote Originally Posted by sda View Post
    Most everyone on this thread is complaining about their out-of-the-box use experience after their first charge. Give it a week of activity and see if things improve.
    I have mine for over a week and discharged\recharged it's battery appr. 12 times (plus some trickle charges using the USB cable) and the results don't improve at all.
    Had my 680 for a week and the battery life is really disappointing. It may be improving it a little bit but it sure is not enough.

Mine is Artic White unlocked and unbranded.

Firmware-MW01.50
    Software-1.04 ROW
    Hardware-A

I really do not understand the logic behind Palm's lame decision on the battery. Especially if they are aiming this device at a youthful market with little knowledge of smartphones. This will give them a very poor taste for any future Palm devices.

Another surprsise, well maybe it isn't such a surprise, is that Palm has said absolutely nothing. Typical when they know they have made a serious mistake.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Firmware-MW01.50
    Software-1.04 ROW
    Hardware-A

Three complete discharge (shuts off)/recharge cycles, hard reset "fix". Battey is better, but slowly.
    Firmware MW01.50
    software TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Hardware A

Locked unit on Rogers service.
    It will be 2 weeks old tomorrow.
    I am finding that the unit lasts longer when I charge it with the USB sync cable.
    I looks like the battery likes a trickle charge vs the power adapter.
    It was off the charger last night at about 10:30pm. I made 3 calls today about 3mins each and a bit of PIM play. at 9PM it was at 80%.
    Now the same action if it was charged by the power adapter it would be dead by now. I would lose about 70% in one day for sure.
    Cingular

Software: 1.03-CNG

Removed from the charger at 7:00am, Friday - dropped to 99% from 100%.
    9:00am Saturday - 79% (a few phone calls, updated calendar and pulled some mail).
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Cingular

Software: 1.03-CNG

My first phone had terrible battery performance. Had that one replaced (not due to battery but due to freezing issues) and the second one has far superior battery performance. I would be at less than 30% by end of day (web browsing, email, google maps with traffic, 4cast every few hours, and medium phone use) to now same except probably more phone use and am at 68% so not sure what the differences are between the 2 but only had the first phone for 2 weeks and the second just got so hope if continues to improve.

Both have the battery patch applied.

rob
    Looking for Tampa Real Estate
    Tampa Homes | Tampa Foreclosures | Brandon Real Estate
    Software: 1.04-ROW

I only use the charger (no cradle). Never charges the first time to 100%. Have to unplug and re-plug daily. I get about 3-4% loss per hour. Good for around 24 hours. Push email (good messaging). I live in China (China Mobile SIM card).

This is off of a brand new copper 680. Battery life seems to be better than the two graphite models I had last December. Getting about 2-3 days of use between full discharges. I'm letting them go down fully to "break in" the battery.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i got my cingular 680 few days ago.

Software: TREO680-1.03-CNG

did a full charge last time. time morning when i got up the LED was solid green. unplug the charger and 680 reported 92% fully charged. that was 7am and now its 10am and its 85%. i have not made any calls, connected online, or check my calender.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123