1.    #1  
    I need help.... can anyone reccommend a good rss program? I searched but I couldn't find anything on this particular question...
    Its always interesting on Twitter @joelb
    There is only QuickNews. It's OK it gets the job done but its slow. I use it to download podcast every night.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I use mRSS...it's better IMO than QuickNews which I used to use.

SMEGGIE
  4. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i use google reader mobile edition...
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ayn View Post
    i use google reader mobile edition...
    Hmmm...is it better than the two aforementioned apps? Where did you get it??

Thanks!!

SMEGGIE
    If I'm correct it's a website. Check out mobile.google.com
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    If I'm correct it's a website. Check out mobile.google.com
    Thanks. That's what I gathered after looking for the app for a while. mRSS works well enough for me to stick with it.

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I use mRSS...it's better IMO than QuickNews which I used to use.

SMEGGIE
    What's better about mRSS in your opinion..never used it other than it's initial release..also don't like all the other junk that gets installed when you install their software (which I know can be deleted, but it's annoying)...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    What's better about mRSS in your opinion..never used it other than it's initial release..also don't like all the other junk that gets installed when you install their software (which I know can be deleted, but it's annoying)...
    It's faster for one. Plus, I think QuickNews was somewhat unstable on my Treo. The interface is also a lot cleaner.

SMEGGIE
    I tried mRSS and dumped it. I love Quick News. It has tons more functionality when last I checked mRSS (flagging articles, e-mailing articles or a list of flagged articles, in-line pictures, conduit to download feeds, collapse articles so you only see headlines, split windows, etc. etc.). The best $15 I ever spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    It's faster for one. Plus, I think QuickNews was somewhat unstable on my Treo. The interface is also a lot cleaner.

SMEGGIE
    I too looked at both QuickNews and mRSS and chose mRSS for it's cleaner interface. My only problem with mRSS is it almost always resets my Treo while I'm using it or especially after I go to another app. This behavior occured on both my 650 and now my 700p. I haven't researched the problem much, instead I was hoping for a new release with a fix. Maybe I'm the only one having the problem....
  12.    #12  
    I also had the same reset issues... I have found that Resco has a free program (for now) called Neeeeews... It is very very nice.
    Its always interesting on Twitter @joelb
    The new Opera Mini V.3 has a RSS reader built in which is simple but seems to be working well. I think I'm going to give the Resco program a try as well.
    Though I have not tried the new Resco product, if it is anything like their other products, it will be stable. Ben
    I was unable to read more than a sentence or two in Neeews - how do you get the full stories to appear?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    The Resco Neeews is a nice app. Crashes on me a lot though. Anyone else? Especially when reading the whole article. I hope they continue with this app. Looks very promising.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quicknews is a wonderful RSS reader, but I'd recommend the mobilized web apps such as Google reader and Bloglines (http://www.bloglines.com/mobile)

Both of these news readers optimize the external links in your feeds so that they load faster in your browser - makes for fast reading, unlike Quicknews which loads the links in a standard Blazer window.

Google Reader is a lot faster than Bloglines, but I like how Bloglines organizes the feeds for faster reading.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me