Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Unlocked Treo 680 on Vodafone in UK.

Day two: woke up late because Treo 680 lost 1.5 hours during the night and alarm did not go off

Day three: on a 30 minute call- 680 lost 8 minutes during the call

Day five: 680 has lost 5 minutes since 6pm

Has been OK at other times but for no apparent reason the clock either stops or slows dow- not possible surely?

Any ideas? This is strange!
    Mine did a similar thing - until I went into general preferences and checked off "network time". Now, the Treo keeps perfect time!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip- mine is definately not set to network time though?
    Quote Originally Posted by pda247 View Post
    Unlocked Treo 680 on Vodafone in UK.

Day two: woke up late because Treo 680 lost 1.5 hours during the night and alarm did not go off
    Same here, but I am using O2 UK.

Phil
    Same here, happened only twice, but lost several hours every time.

unbranded treo and network time option was never turned on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celf View Post
    Same here, happened only twice, but lost several hours every time.

unbranded treo and network time option was never turned on.
    yeah, i notice this twice yesterday. this concerns me more than the battery.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Well, I'm not losing that much time, but I use World Mate to occasionally manually sync up my clock with official atomic time. (All computers, after all, are lousy at keeping precise time on their own.) My 650 would generally be off by two or three seconds every week or so. No big deal. My 680, on the other hand, is off by a minute or more every day. I don't want to use the automatic Network time, because that was causing my Treo to turn itself on every five minutes.

Considering that I don't wear a watch, and I do use my Treo as an alarm clock, this is worrisome.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    It seems like the 680 stinks at keeping time. I set it yesterday and this morning it's already off by four minutes.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    i'm using time copy from http://vons.free.fr/palm to see if it helps out.

it syncs the time to your desktop clock wheny you sync via a conduit.
    Felipe
    netclock (look in mtn downloads) is freeware and seems to work
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    Well, I'm not losing that much time, but I use World Mate to occasionally manually sync up my clock with official atomic time...
    Ditto. I just wish Worldmate had an auto-time sync option.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Mine's only a few days old, but I've noticed clock weirdness too. I assumed it was related to this thread about rebooting. But now I'm not so sure.

I'll keep close eye on the clock for a while. Oh I wish I hadn't dropped my trusty 650.

Edit: By the way, when I turn network time on, it gets the wrong time, so that's not an option for me. Anyone else seen this?
    Last edited by coljac; 12/19/2006 at 01:04 AM.
    Visor, Treo 180g, 600, 650, 680. Optus Australia
    <sub>You might think that the favorite plant of the porcupine is the cactus, but it's thinking like that that has almost ruined this country. - <i>Jack Handey</i></sub>
    If my Treo freeses at all during the day, if I reboot it, Sometimes I don't do anything. At the end of the day My treo is off by 5 min or more as well. I think I wikk try net clock.
    Thanks for the tip
    Check for a bad application that's crashing (Go to phone app, dial #*377, and press the dial button.) The phone doesn't seem to update the time in nonvolatile memory very often, so a crash may cause it to lose some time.

PS My 680 keeps perfect time.
    Funny, I never had that problem w/ my 650 here or now my 680, but I was just in Bogota Columbia last week and connected to a local provider there, and I noticed my 650 was not keeping the right time. weird...
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I thought maybe the time loss was related to the amount of time my 680 was "stuck" before I did the soft reset. Not so sure now. Worldmate atomic sync will help, but I do use my Treo as a travel alarm. Not good!

Keep the thoughts coming!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Here's a summary of some of the time-sync solutions that I'm aware of:

Sync Time at every Hotsync:
    • TimeCopy (freeware)
    • ... various other commercial solutions not worth looking at since TimeCopy is excellent, solid and freeware ...

Sync Time to an Atomic Clock over the Network:
    I've noticed time losses on my 680 since I first received it a couple of weeks ago.

I did post a note on this forum but there didn't seem to be any replies at the time.

Well now I know I'm not alone in seeing this issue.

Guess I'll set up one of the time-sync packages, but I'd much rather see a solution to the root problem.
    I'm also experiencing time losses on the 680. It's only been off by a 30 minutes. But I'm finding it's not a big deal any more because I used to use Palmarysoft's PalmaryClock on my T3 and I upgraded to PalmaryClock Wireless Edition for the Treo that has built in Atomic Time sync. So I have it set up to update every morning at 8:05 AM and all is right with the world now.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    I'm also experiencing time losses on the 680. It's only been off by a 30 minutes. But I'm finding it's not a big deal any more because I used to use Palmarysoft's PalmaryClock on my T3 and I upgraded to PalmaryClock Wireless Edition for the Treo that has built in Atomic Time sync. So I have it set up to update every morning at 8:05 AM and all is right with the world now.

$20.
    Felipe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast