Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I started with the Treo 600 years ago (Verizon) when it first came out. I then upgraded to the Treo 650 with Sprint. At the time I used a Mac and have since went back to windows.

I later went over to the PPC-6700 with Sprint because of all the Palm / Mac syncing problems I had. It is a great phone but it is SLOWWWWWWW. Very annoying and I cannot stand the WM5 messaging system.

I am highly contemplating picking up a Treo 700P (rather than the 700W) with Sprint but have a few concerns:

Can you guys tell me why you like the 700P over the other treo's? I'd love to hear anything. I am especially concerned about the 700P syncing with outlook.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    You have followed my upgrade path to A "T". I finally got rid of my PPC-6700 at the end of August and went to a Treo 700p. I haven't looked back. I just realized how much I missed the simplicity and ease of Access versus Windows (and not to mention the exposed keyboard).

That's my experience, your mileage may vary.
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Cool... I also miss the keyboard. That damn screen flipping takes so long.

How is the syncing with Outlook? Any problems with certain fields? (ie: Home Address, Work Address, Mobile Phone, Fax, etc) duplicates, etc?
    I had the ppc-6700 and went to the 700p. the 700p was easy, but just felt to easy. it didn't seem to do as much as windows mobile. I sold the 700p and went back to the 6700. when the 700wx came out I got it and fell in love. it kinda like the 6700 but with a better radio and easier to use. palm has added a few little tweaks to the wx that wm5.0 didn't have. I know you are considering the p but with the 30 trial I would try the wx as well. we can tell you how we fell, but only you can say what is best for you.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I had the ppc-6700 and went to the 700p. the 700p was easy, but just felt to easy. it didn't seem to do as much as windows mobile. I sold the 700p and went back to the 6700. when the 700wx came out I got it and fell in love. it kinda like the 6700 but with a better radio and easier to use. palm has added a few little tweaks to the wx that wm5.0 didn't have. I know you are considering the p but with the 30 trial I would try the wx as well. we can tell you how we fell, but only you can say what is best for you.
    Didn't do as much as far as....? Felt too easy? Hmmm.. What is really important to me is the calandar, contacts, notes, internet and messaging. I send and receive a LOT of text messages and rely on being able to do it quickly also.
    if you love texting like I do, a couple thousand a month, go for the P... you won't regret it. I went from a 650 to a 6700 and ran back to palm with the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    if you love texting like I do, a couple thousand a month, go for the P... you won't regret it. I went from a 650 to a 6700 and ran back to palm with the 700p.
    Not sure what the difference between texting on the 700p versus 700wx would be

I dunno, they both do email (one has the awesome chatter, the other has the awesome Exchange), they can both do multi-media, etc and they both can have their drawbacks.

as far as slowness on WM5, the 700wx feels like an over-clocked 6700 and I'll take a bit of slowness as opposed to the risk of random resets. but at the end, both can be really good devices.

But the OP is tired/doesn't like the 6700, then by all means move on to something.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

I dunno, they both do email (one has the awesome chatter, the other has the awesome Exchange), they can both do multi-media, etc and they both can have their drawbacks.

as far as slowness on WM5, the 700wx feels like an over-clocked 6700 and I'll take a bit of slowness as opposed to the risk of random resets. but at the end, both can be really good devices.

But the OP is tired/doesn't like the 6700, then by all means move on to something.
    I just went and had Sprint Retention give me the 700P for 299.00.

I'm glad I went back. Well, I'll report in 7 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Odd how you didn't mention anything about texting. Buggy, kludged threaded SMS just doesn't cut it for most people. If you text, Palm ownz WM5.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Odd how you didn't mention anything about texting. Buggy, kludged threaded SMS just doesn't cut it for most people. If you text, Palm ownz WM5.
    It does, by a long shot... That with only needing basic functions like the calendar, contacts, internet, etc the 700P is a winner.

I can use my iPod for video, music, etc...

As I always say, the Treo / Palm is a phone with a PDA and the WM Platform is a PDA with a phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    ??

Palm Threaded SMS is working flawless on our devices (been so for 4+ weeks now). The only thing that doesn't work is MMS through the threaded app (but we still have the other pic-mail app that works). Do you use it? Have you followed the progress? Do you know what you are talking about or just re-hashing last year's arguments?

There are no "bugs".

I own both the 650 and 700wx both with Palm threaded SMS. Same app, same company. No difference. All 1-handed. No "ownz".

Quote Originally Posted by CRSO
    As I always say, the Treo / Palm is a phone with a PDA and the WM Platform is a PDA with a phone...
    Try the 700wx and it'll change your mind about that. If you believe the reason PalmOS is good b/c of Palm, they did the same great improvement to WM5.

http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/1..._messaging.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...creen003-3.png
    Last edited by Malatesta; 12/06/2006 at 10:48 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I have had a 6700 & I dumped it to go back to the 650, and a few months ago I got a 700p. I will never go back to WM on a phone unless there is literally nothing else available. Palm Treos are so much better, faster, more hackable, and yes, stabler. My 6700 was the most unstable POS I've ever had. I had to hard reset about 5 times in the 3 weeks I had it due to random, unfixable bugs. Treo 700p~
    Calendar - A+
    Contacts - A+
    Email - B+ Versamail could be better, but it does the job(for me anyways) and there are 3rd party email apps available. I don't sync w/outlook so I can't give any opinions on that.
    Notes - A
    The small clipboard limit blows but unless ypure copying & pasting paragraphs you'll be just fine..
    Messaging - A++ The 700p is hands down the BEST phone to message with.
    Internet - A-
    Blazer has bugs, but the EVDO kicks ****. Plus there are 3rd party browsers that are great. There are occasional sign-in errors but those are usually the network's fault, not the device's, and they go away after a few login tries.

I say try the 700p. Unless you're a die hard windows lover, then get the 700wx.
    Last edited by KabukiAssassin; 12/07/2006 at 05:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I have had a 6700 & I dumped it to go back to the 650, and a few months ago I got a 700p. I will never go back to WM on a phone unless there is literally nothing else available. Palm Treos are so much better, faster, more hackable, and yes, stabler. My 6700 was the most unstable POS I've ever had. I had to hard reset about 5 times in the 3 weeks I had it due to random, unfixable bugs. Treo 700p~
    Calendar - A+
    Contacts - A+
    Email - B+ Versamail could be better, but it does the job(for me anyways) and there are 3rd party email apps available. I don't sync w/outlook so I can't give any opinions on that.
    Notes - A
    The small clipboard limit blows but unless ypure copying & pasting paragraphs you'll be just fine..
    Messaging - A++ The 700p is hands down the BEST phone to message with.
    Internet - A-
    Blazer has bugs, but the EVDO kicks ****. Plus there are 3rd party browsers that are great. There are occasional sign-in errors but those are usually the network's fault, not the device's, and they go away after a few login tries.

I say try the 700p. Unless you're a die hard windows lover, then get the 700wx.
    Good review.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Well.... I ordered the 700WX also after finding out that the SMS is now threaded (thanks Malatesta). That's a big win.

I also read in many areas that it is much MUCH faster than the PPC-6700 so I can make my data entry faster.

I will have both to work with but may stay with Windows. Believe it or not, the speed and SMS threading are the big reasons...
    Most of my gripes with the 6700 were with the form factor, speed, and stability. The wx wouldn't suffer from these issues. I would pick up a WM Sprint Treo if there's no Palm OS upgrade with SDHC next year.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    No question about the 700wx being better in almost every way than the 6700.