Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I've tried installing Opera Mini via mobile download, but I'm running into a problem.

A few days ago I downloaded IBM Java IM, and haven't really done anything with it (knew I'd need it sometime).

A few minutes ago I followed Opera Mini's instructions to download via Blazer on my Treo. It mentioned enabling 'double buffering' in IBM Java IM which I did. It looked like Mini Opera downloaded fine, but as soon as I tried to go to a website, the screen refreshed back to my home screen (applications).

There were also these instructions: When the Opera Mini JAD-file has been downloaded, Opera Mini is installed by clicking the IBM Java icon and choosing install.

The problem is, I open IB Java IM, hit install, and then it prompts for a URL. I tried www.operamini.com and http://mini.opera.com, but each time a command came up saying a midlet name was needed.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Try going into Treo Preferences-IBM Java VM-Set Memory Maximum to 4Mb- Set Java Thread Stack Size to 32Mb. I was having the same problem with 3.0 until I did this.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Just download it on to your PC, and then hotsync. Or are you not able to put it on your PC? Here is a link to the download section on Opera.

http://www.operamini.com/download/?dl=pc

Just select the 650 as your device, and you are all set.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Try going into Treo Preferences-IBM Java VM-Set Memory Maximum to 4Mb- Set Java Thread Stack Size to 32Mb. I was having the same problem with 3.0 until I did this.
    OK, but do I still need to 'install' the IBM Java VM with a URL (midlet list)?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    OK, but do I still need to 'install' the IBM Java VM with a URL (midlet list)?
    Open Opera and try to browse. Skip the whole IBM Java VM thing.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Open Opera and try to browse. Skip the whole IBM Java VM thing.
    IT WORKED!!!! Thanks so much! Now I can view my online banking!