Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Is anybody using Good Technology (email, calendar) on their 680?

Bug free?

I have Good on my 680 currently, and I hate the fact that you cant sync up the good calendar/tasks/etc with 2Day or Zlauncher unless you hot-sync to your desktop.

Any ideas?
    I am using Good and it works perfectly. far better than it did on the 650 (no memory issues) and about 1000x more stable than it was on the 750. be sure to download the latest version which is significantly different to the version I had on my 650..
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Question for you both, do you have to use Good Technology with your telco or is it independent?
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    The newest version of GL (4.9.2) works fine on both the 750v and the 680 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
    Is anybody using Good Technology (email, calendar) on their 680?

Bug free?

I have Good on my 680 currently, and I hate the fact that you cant sync up the good calendar/tasks/etc with 2Day or Zlauncher unless you hot-sync to your desktop.

Any ideas?
    I am using Good Mobile Meesaging as well (formerly Goodlink). I love it as well, and agree that it is worlds better on the 680 than it was on the 650, and I loved it on the 650. I am not sure about your other question though.

If 2day is a calandar/task app, and you are using Goodlink, why would you want 2 calandar/task apps (3 with tha palm native app)?

I have never used Zlauncher, so I can't help you with that, but I do still sync my Treo with my laptop for backup, pictures, stability, etc.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Using Good v4.9.2.30_EN

works perfect with my T680
    My Treo 680 contacts tab on the phone app is defaulting to the Treo contacts, whereas my Treo 650 defaulted to the Goodlink contacts in the phone app. Anyone know how to change this on the 680?
    For the contacts to default to goodlink in the phone application.
    Has anyone else seen this version asking for a password every single time no matter to what the timeout is set? Do I need the upgrade? Is there any easy way to get the upgrade without clobbering the settings that are on my phone already?
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
    Quote Originally Posted by ztruelove View Post
    My Treo 680 contacts tab on the phone app is defaulting to the Treo contacts, whereas my Treo 650 defaulted to the Goodlink contacts in the phone app. Anyone know how to change this on the 680?

Here is my dilema.

I have some users that want to use the native CONTACTS (and sync), but use Good for everything else (email, calendar...)

On the 650 it was easy to do. For the 680 it does not appear that way.

Does any one have this confiuration?

The native contacts does not even show up in the apps menu right out of the box, or when doing a hot sync.

Looks like goodlink takes over no matter what..... HELP please!?!
    Use Filez and modify the attributes of the GoodLinkPhoneView

Change the type from PhVw to PhVg to enable palm contacts.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNATT View Post

Hope that helps.

is FileZ a utility?

nevermind...found it

thanks, I will give that a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by DNATT View Post

Hope that helps.
    Yup. Worked fine!
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
    sweet, I'll give it a shot tomorrow

thanks
    I used Good's backup/restore to move my 4.9.1.46 environment from my 650 to my 680. Using the SD update to move to 4.9.2.30 just clobbered Good entirely and the online update from Good's 'Applications' preference loops with Pending-> Downloading -> Your phone will be reset during installation (phone resets but nothing is installed) -> Pending-> Downloading -> and so on.

Any ideas how to upgrade without doing a hard reset and provisioning from scratch?