1.    #1  
    On my Treo 650, I would use Bluetooth to connect to my PC and access the internet. I could browse the web, get/send emails, read RSS, etc.

However, with this setup getting emails isn't possible on my Treo 680 as Versamail always looks to connect to the ISP's GPRS/EDGE network. Even if bluetooth is already connected and hence an internet connection already present, hitting "get" within Versamail will cause a popup window that will disconnect the bluetooth internet connection and connect to GPRS/EDGE.

Can anyone else confirm that this also happens on their 680? Any possible fix?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow View Post
    On my Treo 650, I would use Bluetooth to connect to my PC and access the internet. I could browse the web, get/send emails, read RSS, etc.

However, with this setup getting emails isn't possible on my Treo 680 as Versamail always looks to connect to the ISP's GPRS/EDGE network. Even if bluetooth is already connected and hence an internet connection already present, hitting "get" within Versamail will cause a popup window that will disconnect the bluetooth internet connection and connect to GPRS/EDGE.

Can anyone else confirm that this also happens on their 680? Any possible fix?
    Might not be the same problem, but I want to do the same as you (BT -> PC in office, GPRS when out) and I keep finding my BT connection 'gone' and replaced by a GPRS. Not found out what is causing it, but it is not VersaMail as I am not using it.

Phil
  3.    #3  
    Hmm.... I wonder if VPN might provide a solution? Anyone know if it might help?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)