Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    This solution solves the problem of an extended battery for the Treo 680.

    The Treo 680 with its 1200mah battery has a noticeably shorter usage time. I had a 650 with the Seideo 2400mah extended life battery. I also have Sena 680 case. The 650 battery fits the 680, the back just won't close because the 650 battery is thicker. The Sena case fits the Treo snugly. My brother joked as I was complaining about the battery life of the Treo 680, why don't you just try putting the 650 battery in and see if the case holds it snugly without the back cover.

    IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!

    With the battery cover off, the ONLY difference in the SENA case is a slight bit of grey showing at the bottom of the case. It just looks like a two toned phone but you have to look hard to tell any difference. The key is that this is an easy way to DOUBLE the battery power of the 680 with the Seido battery or increase it 50% with the 650 battery. It should actually increase it more since the 680 may be slightly more efficient at power usage.

    I can't tell ANY increase in the bulk of the case either. The extended battery is just a slight bit heavier but you get TWICE the battery life of the regular battery.

    The SENA case at senacases.com is a case that I've used for years. They have it improved greatly now. The prior ones had belt mount stubs that broke and belt mounts that pulled out of the case. The new cases have metal stubs and better sewn in mounts. They are expensive at $50 delivered but they look and feel great.

    My guess is that any full coverage case will work as all you need is something to hold the battery in and this may be the best solution even WITH an extended battery available for the 680 simply because there is no way they can pack 2400mah into the existing size of the 680 battery with the current technology and price point.

    I took pictures and posted them at airjesus dot com forward slash treo dot html
    Last edited by nbronner; 12/06/2006 at 10:18 AM. Reason: wrong link
    AirJesus.com
    "A Website to Lift The Soul"
  2. #2  
    Link no workee.
  3. #3  
    Beats duct tape -- that's for sure.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbronner View Post
    This solution solves the problem of an extended battery for the Treo 680.

    The Treo 680 with its 1200mah battery has a noticeably shorter usage time. I had a 650 with the Seideo 2400mah extended life battery. I also have Sena 680 case. The 650 battery fits the 680, the back just won't close because the 650 battery is thicker. The Sena case fits the Treo snugly. My brother joked as I was complaining about the battery life of the Treo 680, why don't you just try putting the 650 battery in and see if the case holds it snugly without the back cover.

    IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!

    With the battery cover off, the ONLY difference in the SENA case is a slight bit of grey showing at the bottom of the case. It just looks like a two toned phone but you have to look hard to tell any difference. The key is that this is an easy way to DOUBLE the battery power of the 680 with the Seido battery or increase it 50% with the 650 battery. It should actually increase it more since the 680 may be slightly more efficient at power usage.

    I can't tell ANY increase in the bulk of the case either. The extended battery is just a slight bit heavier but you get TWICE the battery life of the regular battery.

    The SENA case at senacases.com is a case that I've used for years. They have it improved greatly now. The prior ones had belt mount stubs that broke and belt mounts that pulled out of the case. The new cases have metal stubs and better sewn in mounts. They are expensive at $50 delivered but they look and feel great.

    My guess is that any full coverage case will work as all you need is something to hold the battery in and this may be the best solution even WITH an extended battery available for the 680 simply because there is no way they can pack 2400mah into the existing size of the 680 battery with the current technology and price point.

    I took pictures and posted them at airjesus dot com forward slash treo dot html
    http://www.airjesus.com/treo.html
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  5. #5  
    A question about the case: Does the flap magnetize to the back when you open it up, or does it just hang? I'm talking about the clip-less ones of course.

    I may try this, but not sure which model I would like the best, the one with the flap or without.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
  6. lardawge's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dorfmunder View Post
    A question about the case: Does the flap magnetize to the back when you open it up, or does it just hang? I'm talking about the clip-less ones of course.

    I may try this, but not sure which model I would like the best, the one with the flap or without.
    It does not magnetize to the back it just hangs. I have been using one on a 650 and it works like a charm. I keep my phone in my pocket so I needed the flip cover. I upgraded to the 680 and went with this case again because it is so well made and lasted me 2 years with hardly any signs of wear.

    I like the idea of the extended battery and may do this. However to add to it I think I would cut out the shape of the battery from the cover with a dremel tool so that it will keep dirt out as much as possible. Curious if I would be able to get a replacement cover down the road if a better solution becomes available...
  7. #7  
    this idea isn't new.

    BTW Somebody somewhere put a post that Palm says this could cause the device to explode.
  8. lardawge's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    this idea isn't new.

    BTW Somebody somewhere put a post that Palm says this could cause the device to explode.
    Thank you. I guess all of us can't be as clever as you. Thank you for your huge contribution to this thread.

Posting Permissions