1.    #1  
    Anyone seeing a reset after an incoming SMS while on a call? It has happened a couple of times now and I think the SMS is the cause. After it re-boots, turns the radio back on & tells me there is an SMS stored on the SIM card and do I want to load it onto the Treo. These are the only resets I am experiencing thus far. Anybody else?
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic Jack View Post
    Anyone seeing a reset after an incoming SMS while on a call? It has happened a couple of times now and I think the SMS is the cause. After it re-boots, turns the radio back on & tells me there is an SMS stored on the SIM card and do I want to load it onto the Treo. These are the only resets I am experiencing thus far. Anybody else?
    Which network are you using the 680 on?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoD_E View Post
    Which network are you using the 680 on?
    Cingular.
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Cingular.
    Hmm, haven't heard this problem for Cingular until now. T-Mobile users were upgrading the SIM card. Do you have the latest card?

I wouldn't see Cingular having a problem if you requested an upgraded SIM. That's all I can really suggest at this point.
  5.    #5  
    Hmm, haven't heard this problem for Cingular until now. T-Mobile users were upgrading the SIM card. Do you have the latest card?

I wouldn't see Cingular having a problem if you requested an upgraded SIM. That's all I can really suggest at this point.
    That is an excellent point. THANKS SINE! The SIM card it came with didn't work when I tried to hook it up so I just pulled the one from my 650 and put it in there meaning to go to a CNG store and see what was up with the one they sent. Kind of forgot about it. I did swing by the store though, and they said it really should make no difference! Ah well. Any chance I'll get better data speed when I put the right one in?
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    That is an excellent point. THANKS SINE! The SIM card it came with didn't work when I tried to hook it up so I just pulled the one from my 650 and put it in there meaning to go to a CNG store and see what was up with the one they sent. Kind of forgot about it. I did swing by the store though, and they said it really should make no difference! Ah well. Any chance I'll get better data speed when I put the right one in?
    Keep us posted on what you find out. I haven't seen a ton of speed difference when compared to my previous SIM, but it is a bit faster.
  7.    #7  
    Keep us posted on what you find out. I haven't seen a ton of speed difference when compared to my previous SIM, but it is a bit faster.
    Will do. And apologies for wrong name in previous post- wrong string!

Gonna switch it out today. Really be happy if it resolves the issue as I am as problem free as I've ever been with a Treo using the 680 thus far, excepting this one thing. Almost enough to revive my faith in Palm as a stabile platform. Keep your fingers crossed!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Will do. And apologies for wrong name in previous post- wrong string!

Gonna switch it out today. Really be happy if it resolves the issue as I am as problem free as I've ever been with a Treo using the 680 thus far, excepting this one thing. Almost enough to revive my faith in Palm as a stabile platform. Keep your fingers crossed!
    LOL. I was wondering who the heck SINE was. I even tried to lookup the term to see if it was some sort of slang.

Fingers crossed that this fixes the issue.
  9.    #9  
    LOL. I was wondering who the heck SINE was. I even tried to lookup the term to see if it was some sort of slang.

Fingers crossed that this fixes the issue.
    Well, according to a quick Google, I just called you either a) a nipple or b) old. Read on:

The direct translation of the word 'sine' from Irish to English leads us to the word 'nipple' or 'tit' which does not corroborate with any known references to anatomical representations in the village's history. 'Sine' is also a descriptive noun in the Irish language used on occasion to indicate 'the oldest' in terms of age, i.e. the oldest person - 'An Duine is Sine'.

My apologies in either case.
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Well, according to a quick Google, I just called you either a) a nipple or b) old. Read on:

The direct translation of the word 'sine' from Irish to English leads us to the word 'nipple' or 'tit' which does not corroborate with any known references to anatomical representations in the village's history. 'Sine' is also a descriptive noun in the Irish language used on occasion to indicate 'the oldest' in terms of age, i.e. the oldest person - 'An Duine is Sine'.

My apologies in either case.
    Haha. That's awesome. Maybe I should change my user name now.
  11.    #11  
    Haha. That's awesome. Maybe I should change my user name now.
    You could try 'old nipple' but I'd stick with what you've got...

Just tried the SIM and it didn't work- couldn't find the network so I'll hit the store tomorrow and see what happens.

More news as it breaks!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black