1.    #1  
    I have the Palm Desktop software in my Windows XP Start-up folder. About half to thre-quarters of the time, when it starts, a dialog box asking me for my user name comes up. (I only use one hotsync name.)

I have to enter it as a new user in the dialog. Any idea why it's not coming up automatically every time?

This was an intermittent issue with my 600 and 650 but seems worse now.

Thanks.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Perhaps you should reinstall the hotsync from the 680 CD. May not have installed correctly. This definitely shouldn't be happening. Are you sure it's version 6.01 hotsynch manager installed?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Perhaps you should reinstall the hotsync from the 680 CD. May not have installed correctly. This definitely shouldn't be happening. Are you sure it's version 6.01 hotsynch manager installed?
    I double checked the version and it is 6.01. The problem is not with the hotsync it is with the desktop application. When it opens up, about half the time I am asked what user name I want to use. It's not recognizing the only user name I have loaded.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have a similar problem whenever I start the Palm Desktop from the Startup menu. It doesn't find any users. But it works every time if I wait everything else is started and then launch the desktop manually. Once I found this workaround, I stopped worrying about it. This started for me with the 650 desktop.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dessa View Post
    I have a similar problem whenever I start the Palm Desktop from the Startup menu. It doesn't find any users. But it works every time if I wait everything else is started and then launch the desktop manually. Once I found this workaround, I stopped worrying about it. This started for me with the 650 desktop.
    That certainly is an option, but I want the convenience of having it startup automatically.
    Dennis G. Esler