1.    #1  
    Hello
    First time owner of Treo. Love my 680 so far !
    Question on the Phone App -
    On my old smartphone ( windows - non-pda), I could type in the first few letters of my contact from the main screen and the number would come up.
    I can do this on Treo 680 only on the "contacts" tab of the phone Tab. Is this how it is supposed to work?

hhol
    I believe so . . . . at the phone screen -- my 650 is looking for you to type in numbers or hold down a programed quick key -- you have to be on the contacts page to have it start looking for matches to first or last names for the key strokes you enter . . . .
    yes, but you can change it in menu . . . option . . . phone display options.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys for the quick response.
    Felipe, like you said I could change the display option to default to Contacts -I don't like that screen though - can't have picture background - right?
    right above the default view option, there is an option that lets you change the behavior from typing dials phone number to typing start contacts search.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6.    #6  
    Cool !Thanks that worked.
    OK - one more silly Q. Now when I type in contact's letters, it jumps to contacts tab - which is fine. Can I make it automatically come back to Phone tab.
    basically everytime I hit the Red Power button and turn on the phone, I want it to start in the Phone tab of Phone App.
    Instead of hitting the red tab to turn on the screen press the phone icon on the far left to turn on. it will open with the phone pad if that's your default setup.
  8.    #8  
    Great Idea ! Didn't think of that - Thanks