Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    How does the data connection turn off at 2200? You have some program that does this?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    6:30 32% I haven't used the phone much at all. 1 call <10 min. 3 text messages and some emails.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    How does the data connection turn off at 2200? You have some program that does this?
    Chattermail shuts it off at 2200 for me.

When you're in chattermail, go to "Edit mailbox" then "Other" and set the sleep hours. Mine is set to 10pm - 5am. This automatically disconnects at 2200, and connects at 0500 for me.

/ancker
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    And as a general update.

At 1900 last night, I put my phone on the charger.
    36 hours off the charger and it was at 12%.

To recap, took it off the charger at 0715 Wednesday, it lasted until 1900 Thursday. Almost a full 36 hours, only 88% drain. Read my previous posts for usage.

Still nothing to be excited about, but it's much better than the 12 hours from 100-10% others are reporting.

/ancker
    Bought 2 680's from Palm, seeing the same battery issues like every one else.
    Interesting note, I tend to charge the 680 when I get the low battery warning.
    My co-worker decided not to charge his. It has been 8 hours now at 0% battery, he has been able to make phone calls etc. Data gets turned off automatically due to low battery.

Wonder if it is a software bug where the software is written to deal with the larger battery from the 650 instead of the smaller one in 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoveOver View Post

Wonder if it is a software bug where the software is written to deal with the larger battery from the 650 instead of the smaller one in 680.
    Now that's too obvious to be true, isn't

What we need is a 680 owner with a volt meter
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Today at 12:00 I am at 84% compared to 72% last week. Although, I have done nothing with the phone. NO calls, no nothing. Better, maybe, but not good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    Today at 12:00 I am at 84% compared to 72% last week. Although, I have done nothing with the phone. NO calls, no nothing. Better, maybe, but not good enough.
    The real question, IMHO, is why this thing sucks so much juice when it is sitting there doing NOTHING.

I can leave the phone on overnight, with the radio OFF and drop 20%+.

Where's this power drain coming from? Shouldn't we be able to turn off the phone (totally - radio, etc off) and have it just trickle juce consumption?

I'd expect to turn off the phone with X% and wake up in the AM with it at X - a very small (1-2%) amount.

Or is there something obvious/not so obvious that I'm missing here?
    If something sucking the juice, it is in the hardware or the software that we can't control. Cause I have everything I can turned off.

I don't mind charging every night, I just don't want the phone to die on a day that I happen to actually be using it. FWIW, I got my return authorization from Cingular, and will wait and see how this issue goes forward.

This device is good, it is just too big to justify the battery life. If I wanted to have short battery life, I could get Blackjack, and at least know why I have to charge the phone all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    What do you guys think? Do some of us just have defective devices/batteries here?
    I dunno. There are an awful lot of people who seem to be experiencing the same level of battery depletion as me. Those times I've seen similar levels of problem reporting on the forums in the past (remember the Tungsten's which destroyed SD cards?) there has been a firmware upgrade a month or so down the road.
    4:45 47% I looked at a web page, one page, no grapics. No calls, no email, no text messages.
    today I am at 65% at 4:45... no calls though.
    6:30 32% I haven't used the phone much at all. 1 call <10 min. 3 text messages and some emails.

6:30 53% today... Definitely on the upswing.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234