Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    So I found another Activesync issue with the 680 that if you know a fix for I'd appreciate it.

I'm in Pacific, and I have some calendar events sent to me from Arizona. Because they don't follow DST, my activesync is moving them forward an hour more then it should be.

Looking up some info for the 650 shows information about setting DST in WorldClock but I don't see how.

help?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Looking into it further. It looks like it's an issue with Datebk6 not activesync.

The built in calendar is seeing the correct timezone, but datebk6 is not picking it up from the database. If I adjust the timezone in datebk6 it is happy again.

I'll have to ask Pimlico about that
    PS It's HotSync not ActiveSync for the 680
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I just found a link http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=time+zones with similar problems. I think it has to do with either the updated Palm software or with the newer Palm OS devices. This is frustrating because I assumed it worked on the Treo 680 but apparently it's broken. If I add a calendar event in the Treo it works fine. But if I add a calendar event in outlook, it does not take the time zone with it so I have to manually add the time zone onto the even in the Treo. I will call tech support and see if I can have them escalate this. I'm surprised a lot more people aren't screaming about this because it's a business travelers nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron View Post
    PS It's HotSync not ActiveSync for the 680
    PS ActiveSync is available through VersaMail
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    PS ActiveSync is available through VersaMail
    Does Chatteremail also support Activesync? Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    Does Chatteremail also support Activesync? Thx.
    ChatterMail uses this API for email push with Exchange, yes. xChangeSync is the product being targetted to do this with PIM DB's. VersaMail (or just Email on the newer Garnet revisions) will do ActiveSync for Email, Calendar, and Contacts (the last only on the 680 is seems) now... but only as a scheduled pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    ChatterMail uses this API for email push with Exchange, yes. xChangeSync is the product being targetted to do this with PIM DB's. VersaMail (or just Email on the newer Garnet revisions) will do ActiveSync for Email, Calendar, and Contacts (the last only on the 680 is seems) now... but only as a scheduled pull.
    Hmm, so you are saying that Versamail only does scheduled pulls for Activesync and not push? So, that would be similar to having periodic checks via POP email, right? Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    Hmm, so you are saying that Versamail only does scheduled pulls for Activesync and not push? So, that would be similar to having periodic checks via POP email, right?
    Exactly.