1.    #1  
    since I know you all did a clean install, what apps didnt you install?

These are the ones I skipped (for now maybe).

Agendus Standard: waiting for the next version which they say is right around the corner. I know there is a work around, but why chance it when they said the update is a couple of days away?

ClockPopUp 5: I upgraded Bob's Alarm to the latest version and it has this feature.

Jpeg Watch: this came with snapper, but with docs2go, probably not needed.

McPhling: going to see if I can get by with just the hold home button. Im missing mcphling, and its only been 2 hours. I'll give in some more time. It only holds 8 programs, which is enuf, but I like the fav option of mcphling.

Verichat: this is just temp. I'll install it in a couple of days.

Volume Care and Power up: I thought thee was a setting on the treo that turned on the radio after re-boot? I guess not. Right now I'm leaning toward installing them both.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I didn't install MergicVPN, PalmVNC, or TSMobile... but not because of the 680. My company no longer supports PPTP or IPSec VPN... they've gone with SSL VPN (Juniper). Sadly, there doesn't appear to exist any such support in Palm OS. Juniper certainly doesn't, as they rely upon extensions running via web browser.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    I didn't install MergicVPN, PalmVNC, or TSMobile...
    thank for reminding me. I removed these a couple of weeks ago to make room. now I can re-install them.

I looks like volume care will be installed when I get home tonight. Riding the subway this morning, there were a couple of time I couldnt hear the kinoma video.
    Felipe
    Verichat kept robooting me, as soon as I took it off, no more reboots. And I grabbed a year service a couple months ago since they were about to quit doing it. GRRR.

Tried Mundo and it keeps recalibrating my touchscreen! It's a shame because I really like the interface.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    I didnt install UDMH cause its not needed anymore! yay.

BTW Felipe: my radio powers up automatically on reboot so I dont need PowerUp. Yours should do this as well.
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I didn't install the hack that turned off the annoying flashing LED. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronlam View Post
    BWAHAHAHA.. punk
    -tgwaste
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronlam View Post
    that was funny.

thanx.

BTW Felipe: my radio powers up automatically on reboot so I dont need PowerUp. Yours should do this as well.
    Ok. hmmm.

so far its only crashed once. I was doing something in one of the menues in time copy, which doesnt seem to be working with the 680. I'll have to pay better attention.

how about if you remove the battery?
    Felipe
    how about if you remove the battery?

Yep, in all cases the radio turns itself on, on bootup.

What I have found quite annoying is the Date setting screen will stay on until I hit 'Done', instead of going to the default phone app.

Was like this on the 650 as well.. really obnoxious. PowerUp can be used to force it through but it would sure be ideal to not have to install a program for such a thing. Once you set your date preferences it shouldnt go to that screen anymore.

Im sure the reason this is happening is cause its trying to get the Date/Time from the Air before the Radio Powers up and thinks 'hmm cant find the date/time so ask the user for better settings'

o well
    -tgwaste
    I installed McPhling the first day and it works like a charm.
    Visor Deluxe (Green), Vsior Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor phone, treo 270, treo 600, GSM treo 650, treo 680, Treo centro, treo 755p.