1.    #1  
    the bluetooth headset volume with my treo 650 is ****. i have the headset turned up to full volume, the phone at full volume, and volumecare's headset volume set to full. i still find myself holding the headset a little tighter to my ear at times, partially defeating the purpose of using one.

during my short stint with a samsung blackjack a week ago, i noticed that the bluetooth headset volume was much louder. i never once had to hold the headset closer to my ear while driving.

has anyone been using their 680 with a bluetooth headset, that can comment on the volume compared to a 650?
    My Nokia headset is quite loud with the 680 though there is a slight background hiss.
    BUMP!

I just ordered a 680 from Palm.com last night and want to know the same thing. That's been one thing about my 650 that I hate, the bluetooth headset is almost useless unless you're in a VERY quite room.

off topic, how long does it take palm.com to ship orders for the unlocked 680? I saw free next day shipping and was hoping it would ship right away.
    The 680 is much better with bluetooth audio in my experience so far (a day). I've used it with both my Jabra BT500 and Mercedes MHI bluetooth integration. I've actually had to reduce volume on both, which is interesting. But I'm not getting anywhere near the crackling that I had with the 650. Much improved so far.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    The 680 is much better with bluetooth audio in my experience so far (a day). I've used it with both my Jabra BT500 and Mercedes MHI bluetooth integration. I've actually had to reduce volume on both, which is interesting. But I'm not getting anywhere near the crackling that I had with the 650. Much improved so far.
    wonderful, thank you for the info!
    My standard 650 treo BT headset is also good and loud with my new 680.
    I've noticed some improvement in my BT, though I haven't had to reduce the volume, unfortunately. Some improvement is better than none.
    Quote Originally Posted by onepoint View Post
    the bluetooth headset volume with my treo 650 is ****. i have the headset turned up to full volume, the phone at full volume, and volumecare's headset volume set to full. i still find myself holding the headset a little tighter to my ear at times, partially defeating the purpose of using one.

during my short stint with a samsung blackjack a week ago, i noticed that the bluetooth headset volume was much louder. i never once had to hold the headset closer to my ear while driving.

has anyone been using their 680 with a bluetooth headset, that can comment on the volume compared to a 650?
    I find this very interesting because with my Treo 680, the volume is very loud with my bluetooth headset (Plantronics Discovery 640), and it was loud with my previously used Treo 650. Every windows mobile phone I have used with this headset is literally 1/3 of the volume, unacceptably quiet.

I wonder if different headsets give you different volume levels with different phones.
  9.    #9  
    fwiw, i'm using a jabra bt-350.

oh, and i can't get it to pair with my 680.
    I can't compare to a 650, but I can compare to a RAZR. I'm using a Jabra JX10 headset, and it's MUCH louder with the 680 than the RAZR, and it's not giving me crackles and keeping the signal much more consistently.
    I'm using the Jabra JX10 also, but I only notice a slight increase in volume. But like I said, a slight increase is better than no increase. It makes the phone much more usable. So in the end, other than the battery life, the 680, for me at least, is an improvement in every way over the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxintosh View Post
    My Nokia headset is quite loud with the 680 though there is a slight background hiss.
    I noticed the hiss too. I use a sony ericsson 602. What nokia are you using? I think the nokia bh800 is great. Lightweight, small, and in the ear
    HS-32w... cheap, uncomfortable, oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxintosh View Post
    HS-32w... cheap, uncomfortable, oh well.
    Well if you are willing to spend the money it's a really good bt.