Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I seem to be stuck at having 7 categories but I know I can have up to 15, and none of the categories come close to the 15 character name limit.

I've checked Calendar, Tasks, & Memo's, and they all have the "default"(?) Personal, Business & Unfiled category, and I'm able to add up to 4 more categories in the contacts. But when I try to add anymore categories to my contacts, either on the 700P or via the Palm Desktop, or via Agendus, and then perform a hotsync, one of two results occur.

1) The new category will be created but one of the other existing categories will be deleted, and the contacts from the deleted category will end up in some other category.

2) The new category will be created and the contacts in that category will end up in some other category.

A natural assumption would be that the contacts that survived the loss of a category would end up in the unfiled category, but not so.

Also, on my last sync, a new category was automaticaly created that's called quicklist and only shows up in the contacts field.

Any idea's?

As a side note, when installing the Palm software from the CD the other day, I received several messages about a notifier file (npinstall.dll) not being found, and it being skipped during the install. Think it has any bearing on this? just from the name alone I'd say no.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    No one?
    Reference to the npinstall.dll problem, make sure you have full administrative rights set up for your Windows user profile prior to the installation.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks Martin.. I do have full admin rights, this has never been a problem before though. However, I seem to recall from searching other posts that it actually has something to do with previously installed applications, I need to read up more on that dkk issue.

It's not being able to get past 7 categories that's really bothering me.

David