1.    #1  
    I purchased by first Treo680 a couple of days ago. I am very disappointed that this pda does not sync with the bluetooth connection to my car(lexus GS) my previous cell phones I could dial,answer and speak on my phone thru my car speaker. The Treo is the only phone that is not compatable
    Sorry to heat that.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Yes, I'm sorry to hear there seems to be some kind of negative change in BT behavior. I consider myself fortunate that my 680 paired up without difficulty to my Mercedes (MHI bluetooth kit; by Peiker). It still doesn't sync up the address book, but I think that's an implementation difficulty in the car, not the Treo -- the 650 and other non-tested phones have similar problems with this setup.
    The deciding factor in whether or not to keep the Treo 680 was when the bluetooth synced with my BMW and the entire contacts came over too. I could never get a single contact to sync with the 650. WhoooHooo.
    Well, I'm glad yours worked. Ironically, Peiker did that one too, I believe. Wonder how the different specs wound up being so different in functionality. Oh well.
    I have been unable to get a Sony HBH610 headset to be recognized by brand spanking new 680. Unlocked GSM. Disappointed. There is a short list of approved devices on Palm's site. I expected BT 2.0 with backward compatability to work.
    buy a different car!
    stringbeanie :
    What is ur BMW series & Model. Also what about the Treo is the carrier? Or GSM unlocked.
    I have an '05 325ci with navigation and I am using the treo 680 unlocked with tmobile. It works superbly (if that is a word). Just make sure that you move whatever contacts are important to you over to the sim card and you will have the address book move over too. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie View Post
    I have an '05 325ci with navigation and I am using the treo 680 unlocked with tmobile. It works superbly (if that is a word). Just make sure that you move whatever contacts are important to you over to the sim card and you will have the address book move over too. I hope this helps.
    First off, I'd like to thank everybody for putting on their experiences and suggestions, maybe together we'll resolve this since evidently I'm not the only one going thru this!

Some background on me: I'm another unhappy BT/BMW/Treo680 customer! I'm having bluetooth connectivity issues (GSM Cingular locked) as well with my 04 BMW 330ci. I was able to pair up just fine with my OEM ULF bluetooth module, however, sometimes the phone connects automatically (actually rarely), sometimes I have to force it to connect (under Trusted Devices hit option and select Connect), and sometimes not even forcing it would work. However, when/if it does connect, I noticed my contacts from the SIM would transfer over, unlike the 650. And sometimes the Treo would show the light blue headset icon (meaning that it's successfully connected) but when I try to place a call, my car would say "please turn on the phone"

I sincerely hope that Palm would work on this issue since I know my ULF works fine; I previously had Motorola Razr, and that connected beautifully ALL the time, contacts and all, and NEVER in the last 1.5 years I had the car and the phone did it ever fail to connect or drop a call.

How could this be an incomparability issue? If you're able to pair up, then the devices see each other and things should work smoothly. Btw, is there a firmware update for my ULF module that might fix this issue?

Thanks everyone,
    ~Spyder
    I had pairing problems with headsets until I changed visibility to visible. Don't know if it would help with a car kit.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I don't think there's any firmware update. In fact, in the US, we're still using Gen. 1 ULF. In europe, I believe they're up to Gen 11. Gen 11 solves a lot of compatibility issues, and is also a lot faster.

You can buy the Euro unit from http://bimmernav.com/, but there's no guarantee that it'd solve ur issue. I hear that the 700p had this issue, and the new ULF fixed it.

From the site:
    "NOTE on US BMW Dealer Kits: Please note that the US dealers are still selling the very early first generation ULF module BMW P/N 84 21 6 934 552 as a replacement part. BMW North America seems to have a large stockpile of these old units that BMW AG refuses to install in the new BMWs due to their old technology. BMW NA's only option seems to be pushing these old modules on unknowing US customers. I personally recommend against getting the first generation BMW P/N 84 21 6 934 552 ULF module and demanding the new generation ULF modules, wherever you decide to purchase."

Good luck! I'm also in the same boat as you =(.

Quote Originally Posted by no-cure View Post
    First off, I'd like to thank everybody for putting on their experiences and suggestions, maybe together we'll resolve this since evidently I'm not the only one going thru this!

Some background on me: I'm another unhappy BT/BMW/Treo680 customer! I'm having bluetooth connectivity issues (GSM Cingular locked) as well with my 04 BMW 330ci. I was able to pair up just fine with my OEM ULF bluetooth module, however, sometimes the phone connects automatically (actually rarely), sometimes I have to force it to connect (under Trusted Devices hit option and select Connect), and sometimes not even forcing it would work. However, when/if it does connect, I noticed my contacts from the SIM would transfer over, unlike the 650. And sometimes the Treo would show the light blue headset icon (meaning that it's successfully connected) but when I try to place a call, my car would say "please turn on the phone"

I sincerely hope that Palm would work on this issue since I know my ULF works fine; I previously had Motorola Razr, and that connected beautifully ALL the time, contacts and all, and NEVER in the last 1.5 years I had the car and the phone did it ever fail to connect or drop a call.

How could this be an incomparability issue? If you're able to pair up, then the devices see each other and things should work smoothly. Btw, is there a firmware update for my ULF module that might fix this issue?

Thanks everyone,
    ~Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    I don't think there's any firmware update. In fact, in the US, we're still using Gen. 1 ULF. In europe, I believe they're up to Gen 11. Gen 11 solves a lot of compatibility issues, and is also a lot faster.

You can buy the Euro unit from http://bimmernav.com/, but there's no guarantee that it'd solve ur issue. I hear that the 700p had this issue, and the new ULF fixed it.

From the site:
    "NOTE on US BMW Dealer Kits: Please note that the US dealers are still selling the very early first generation ULF module BMW P/N 84 21 6 934 552 as a replacement part. BMW North America seems to have a large stockpile of these old units that BMW AG refuses to install in the new BMWs due to their old technology. BMW NA's only option seems to be pushing these old modules on unknowing US customers. I personally recommend against getting the first generation BMW P/N 84 21 6 934 552 ULF module and demanding the new generation ULF modules, wherever you decide to purchase."

Good luck! I'm also in the same boat as you =(.
    Proxidicae:
    Thanks for the information! Do you know anyone that has installed and was successful in using this new Gen 11 BT kit? Regardless, I remain baffled as to my (our) situation: is my Treo the problem or is it my BMW ULF Gen. 1? From posts of other Treo 680 users, they seem to have similar issues like us with other BT kits. Btw, have you contact your local stealership and inquire about this problem? I'm reluctant to do so, after all, the Treo 680 is not listed as their 'approved' devices, although the Sprint 650 made the list...Short of buying a brand new BMW 335 coupe (brrr, twin turbo, drooling) are my hands really tied?

~Spyder
    P.S. your sig shows the Mpower...I now have Mpower envy...brr
    I know this may be basic advice, but my Treo 680 pairs automatically to my Pioneer BT head unit ONLY if the screen on my 680 is turned on. If its not on, the head unit says no connection available.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    No, I also contacted the people selling the unit. They said they could test it if I send them the phone. Not helpful.

I believe it's the phone. My 650 paired with my car just fine, never an issue, even with the supposedly bad BT implementation.

You can try calling pacific BMW and give them the part#. Don't bother with the local stealership. I had BT issues, took my car in, they kept on saying it's my phone. Insists that only a CDMA phone would work, and since the phone isn't on the official BMW list, u're not gonna get any help from them. I'll let you know if I get any more info. I'm hoping they'd improve the BT compatibility in the rumored soon to be released firmware update for the 680.

The new 335 looks pretty sweet, can't go wrong with buying one of those. I was really scared about new design, but I must admit, the 335 relieved said worries. The wheels don't look tiny like the 330s. However, I just love the M so.

M-Power all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by no-cure View Post
    Proxidicae:
    Thanks for the information! Do you know anyone that has installed and was successful in using this new Gen 11 BT kit? Regardless, I remain baffled as to my (our) situation: is my Treo the problem or is it my BMW ULF Gen. 1? From posts of other Treo 680 users, they seem to have similar issues like us with other BT kits. Btw, have you contact your local stealership and inquire about this problem? I'm reluctant to do so, after all, the Treo 680 is not listed as their 'approved' devices, although the Sprint 650 made the list...Short of buying a brand new BMW 335 coupe (brrr, twin turbo, drooling) are my hands really tied?

~Spyder
    P.S. your sig shows the Mpower...I now have Mpower envy...brr
    Any new thoughts? Can't get it to sync at all. Just freezes. We'll try our old razr to test the module and then check for palm updates.

Treo 680.
    '07 Mercedes E350 w/ MHI adapter