1.    #1  
    OK, I came from a conf today and like usual was pecking away on my TREO 680 but found my words per minute down dramatically because I kept pecking the (now) drop down menu button where my old right shift key WAS! What a pain. When sitting in a crowded and dark conf room, it's inconvenient to have the blue tooth keyboard sitting in my lap when I could just peck directly into my TREO.

Anybody else feeling me on this one?

oh, it was cool to see folks drooling over my new Arctic 680 though!
    PalmV-PalmM500-Treo180-Treo600-Treo650-Treo680
    Oh, I'm totally feeling your pain. I know I'll adjust to it, but I really got used to being able to thumb the shift on either side. It helped keep my tapping speed up. heh People would see me tapping away (or be on the other end of email or IM) and think I was on a PC. I'm sure I'll improve my speed again once I remember there's no shift key on the right now.

Another difficult transition is where they put the menu key. I really have to try and remember that it's waaaaay down in the corner now. :-\ That's another one that I could literally tap without even looking at before. Again, I'll probably achieve it again... just in time for them to change the keyboard.
    I agree...have you tried KeyCaps600? You wouldn't need the shift key at all.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    i've already acclimated myself to the new layout. i am not hitting the wrong keys anymore for menu or send/end. i love this 680!
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I feel you about missing it. Its really my only angst on the keyboard. The rest I have adapted to (man Ima not like going back to the 650 later this week).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    man Ima not like going back to the 650 later this week
    Why are you doing that?
    Does LudusP work on the 680? It might be of some help to you.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Does LudusP work on the 680? It might be of some help to you.
    LudusP definitely works on the 680, and you can use it to get back your right Shift key.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    eh? Now you've got my attention... how does LudusP accomplish that? yeah, yeah... RTFM I know. But I'm looking for the quick and dirty.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by leakylegsrider View Post
    I agree...have you tried KeyCaps600? You wouldn't need the shift key at all.
    I haven't tried KC600 yet. I don't know if it works on the 680 yet?
    anyone have any ideas?

thanks for the suggestion.
    PalmV-PalmM500-Treo180-Treo600-Treo650-Treo680
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPalmrDieTryn View Post
    I haven't tried KC600 yet. I don't know if it works on the 680 yet?
    anyone have any ideas?
    I have had KeyCaps600 installed on my 680 for a couple days. It seems to be working correctly.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    LudusP lets you program the four hardware buttons, and the green and red buttons to pretty much whatever you want. It also has a function for turning the menu key on the bottom right into a Shift key. Just map one of the other buttons, such as the green key, to menu, and your menu key can be a Shift key instead.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I've installed LudusP now and actually like it. I turned the menu->shift function on and mapped green button to menu *except* in the two phone app stubs. Seems to work OK this way, but I do notice that I can't *hold* the ALT key and type. I'm guessing this is because the Treo doesn't treat this as a modifier key?

I may try Keycaps as well, but I'm curious if there are any important differences in function, etc that would make one better than the other.