Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is there a way to view the duration of an individual call on the 680? I know that there is a hack for 650, but I'm not sure if it will work for 680.. you know, different phone application and who knows what else..
    I find this a problem also. One person here was claiming that they see call duration for calls, but I've tried both a Cingular and unlocked 680 and don't see it anymore.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I cant find it either. I only see call duration during a call. After the call is over the duration is gone.
    I'm really starting to think the 680 was not meant to be an upgrade for 650 user but an update for the 650. There are so many little things that I have been accustomed to and now I have to go without. Do you think this is something that can be fixed with a patch from Palm?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
  5. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I find this a problem also. One person here was claiming that they see call duration for calls, but I've tried both a Cingular and unlocked 680 and don't see it anymore.

Interesting...I hadn't noticed it was missing because both CityID and TakePHONE (I have both) display call duration. I guess you'll have to find a third party solution you like.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sda View Post
    Interesting...I hadn't noticed it was missing because both CityID and TakePHONE (I have both) display call duration. I guess you'll have to find a third party solution you like.
    besides those two software, is there any freeware that maintains the call log (with the call duration details) and just that... I don't want to have the extra bell and whistle..
    Is CityID compatible with the 680? I was worried it would interfere with the new 680 call screen.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is CityID compatible with the 680? I was worried it would interfere with the new 680 call screen.
    Yes, that's exactly one of my concern too..
    Hi,

I've put a patchfile on our Palm User Group Site to view the call duration in the call details: www.pug-ned.de/PalmTreo680CallDuration.php (sorry, only in german)

Regards,

Toem
    Quote Originally Posted by Toem View Post
    Hi,

I've put a patchfile on our Palm User Group Site to view the call duration in the call details: www.pug-ned.de/PalmTreo680CallDuration.php (sorry, only in german)

Regards,

Toem
    And it works like a charm.

Viele Danke
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toem View Post
    Hi,

Regards,

Toem
    you are the saviour... thanks

matt
    There should still be a call duration on the call log for the unlocked unit. I am not sure if call duration would work on Cingular network. Have you tried another carrier on your unlocked 680?
    I don't see how the network matters at all. An unlocked 650 shows call duration, an unlocked 750v shows call duration. The 680 simply has the feature removed, it's not there. There is nothing network related here.

Quote Originally Posted by ReuIsmil View Post
    There should still be a call duration on the call log for the unlocked unit. I am not sure if call duration would work on Cingular network. Have you tried another carrier on your unlocked 680?
    I have a Cingular 650 (unlocked) and shadowmite's hack didn't work. I have had no luck displaying call duration.

For $12 tho, ya can try this option

http://www.natara.com/Comet/index.cfm
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 12/15/2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    And it works like a charm.

Viele Danke
    Umm, can you translate the instruction to English.. please?
    dominus vobiscum
    Just download the prc file onto your Treo680. Thanks, Toem.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    Just download the prc file onto your Treo680. Thanks, Toem.
    Phew. I was wrestling with that one. The German looked a lot more complicated than "just load this into the 680." I felt like I'd sneezed or something.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I tried to beam it to my Treo. Received it, but its nowhere to be found. I can see that file using FileZ, but I can't run it.
    dominus vobiscum
    I know this sounds stupid but I've heard that once in a while beamed things don't "install" or whatever the Palm equivalent is. Why don't you try to move it over with FileZ to the card and then copy with the Palm's copy function from the card into Palm. It might "see" it that way and install. Of course, I haven't the slightest....
    Quote Originally Posted by olentz View Post
    Umm, can you translate the instruction to English.. please?
    If you use translation software (free if you Google "Translation) here is what you get: (Not totally understandable, but alot better than trying to read the German)

The call duration in the call details Treo 680 f?den to 04.12.2006 reached the first Treo 680 the customers and fast determined first, which is indicated in contrast to the Treo 650 in the call details with the Treo the 680 the call duration no longer. For this reason I have to improve directly to the work made this circumstance, until it is repaired hopefully also by a Rome update on the part of Palm. The Patch is suitable ONLY f?folgende version of the Treo 680: Firmware MW01.50 software TREO680-1.04-ROW (the data you find in the telephone application in the Men?nter options/telephone data) Installation: Simply on the Treo 680?r a memory card with a file manager (e.g. Resco Explorer or Filez) in RAM copy or by Bluetooth or infrared received. Afterwards a RESET durchf?en (Akku raus/rein) an installation by Hotsync f?t to an error message and functions therefore not. Download: PhoneCallDuration.prc The use of the Patchdatei is nat?ich on own danger and f?evtl. Overruns can be made liable none. F?R?fragen and suggestions to the Patch I am here attainable?r the form for contact on the PUG side. Thomas (Toem) Dornscheidt Palm user Group Neuss/D?eldorf
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast