Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    My treo was extremely stable and now it has become extremely unstable. The darn thing even crashes when I am checking my voicemail! I've had 6 crashes today. I have tried dbscan and it shows no problems with my database. What is my best option: Hard reset or Zero out reset and start over? I'm getting the following crashes:

"HTC6500 Call Telephony Handler.cpp, Line:3390 Internal Disconnect"
    and
    "Fatal Exception"
    and
    "Emul68KMain.cLine exception at address"
    and
    so on

Thanks for your assistance
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    first try a soft reset (button on back) or
    make sure you are backed up and return it for a new unit
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    first try a soft reset (button on back) or
    make sure you are backed up and return it for a new unit
    It does a soft reset on it's own.
    maybe try a hard reset (after backing up your data), and then using the phone in this factory fresh state for a day. This will tell you if a app you loaded could be behind the instability.

If everything seems stable, then install a few apps at a time to narrow down the culprit. You should go to each apps web site and make sure you have the latest version and that the app in compatible with the 700.
    Ahhh, looks like your phone has caught up to mine.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I find that applications keep getting corrupted on my 700. This never happened on the 600 or 650, but happens fairly often on the 700p. If I can find the application, then I just re-install and that fixes the problem. But when all else fails, a hard reset, followed by manually re-installing all apps from scratch will fix the problem. Don't re-install from a backup as that will have the corrupted version of the application.

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    One more thing...

this is totally unscientific, but I have noticed a higher likelyhood of corrupted apps right after I let the battery completely run down (until the phone turns off). I can't prove they are related, but it sure seems so to me.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I find that applications keep getting corrupted on my 700. This never happened on the 600 or 650, but happens fairly often on the 700p. If I can find the application, then I just re-install and that fixes the problem. But when all else fails, a hard reset, followed by manually re-installing all apps from scratch will fix the problem. Don't re-install from a backup as that will have the corrupted version of the application.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Sounds like I will have to wait for the weekend to get here. I did this more times than I can remember with my 650. I've had my 700P for six months and now the honeymoon is over.