1.    #1  
    The 'disconnect' is not an option when you tap the Blazer button (like it was on the 650). It seems like my phone is connected all the time (light green lit up above those cingular bars). I am unlocked. I'm unlimited media net, but I don't really want the drain on the battery. Also, I manually check my mail so I don't think it is due to that. I remember on my 650, that I was able to set a preference to disconnect after checking mail. I haven't found that preference. I also don't see how to disconnect after viewing a web page. Ideas anyone?
  2.    #2  
    I just found that I can disconnect by going to Preferences/Network and then click disconnect. But that can't be the easiest way to do it!! What is everyone else doing?
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't believe the green arrows mean you are connected to the internet. What I think it means is that you are in a GPRS area. I may be wrong though. If you are able to make a voice call, you are not connected to the internet. At least on my 680, I am unable to browse and talk on the phone at the same time.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't believe the green arrows mean you are connected to the internet. What I think it means is that you are in a GPRS area. I may be wrong though. If you are able to make a voice call, you are not connected to the internet. At least on my 680, I am unable to browse and talk on the phone at the same time.
    Green arrows mean you are connected to data. A little triangle above your signal bars indicates that a data connection is available.

Unfortunately that only way to disconnect from the network is to go under Prefs/Network.

You can still make/receive voice calls during this time, as long as you aren't actively browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoD_E View Post
    Green arrows mean you are connected to data. A little triangle above your signal bars indicates that a data connection is available.

Unfortunately that only way to disconnect from the network is to go under Prefs/Network.

You can still make/receive voice calls during this time, as long as you aren't actively browsing.
    If the 680 is connected as you indicate above, is Cingular "charging" for the connection time?
    Thanks
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    If the 680 is connected as you indicate above, is Cingular "charging" for the connection time?
    Thanks
    As long as the connection isn't transferring any data, I would assume no charges would occur. Cingular bills via the data that is transferred. If you aren't transferring any data, you should be fine. Not 100% certain on this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    Thanks
    Cingular doesn't charge for connection time except on phone calls.
    What i find interesting is on my T-mobile service, i have to connect via VPN to access the internet or my AS mail. When i tried to connect via "the internet" setting i get a failed connection. But when i choose VPN it connects no problem.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    Cingular doesn't charge for connection time except on phone calls.
    Cingular does charge for data usuage. Unless you have an unlimited data package.
    I actually contacted Palm the day I got my 680 because I was baffled to not see the DISCONNECT option in the drop-down menu in Blazer. The CSR told me the only way to manually do it is in fact to go under preferences, select network, and click disconnect on the bottom. He also told me that I should be able to just exit Blazer and it would automatically disconnect itself after 5 minutes or so of non-use, but I left the thing alone for a few hours and it stayed connected until I manually turned the phone off then back on again (with the power button, not a soft reset) or disconnected through preferences/network as mentioned above.