Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Something that I've been noticing, as I wrestle with a few applications and trying to recover as much of their config as possible, is that the configuration for which wireless network profile should be used gets lost each and every time the phone resets (even if manual).

I have added profiles for Cingular's ISP, ISPDA, and Internet APN's. I generally use the Internet one because it is the only way Cingular supports push email from Exchange. But the damned thing keeps reverting to WAP!

Has anyone else encountered something like this or know how to make it behave? This is really irritating, especially since I can't actually delete the WAP profile out of the device -- it's tagged as being provided by the carrier so the Treo won't let me delete it.
    Yes I had this. Drove me nuts. The way I solved it was changed my plan with T-Mobile to use the default setting. Certainly not the optimal resolution.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    Well, unfortunately for me that's not gonna work. Much as I would love to be paying 20-30 less a month for data, I actually need the Internet APN functionality to support Exchange push email, etc. The problem right now is that the 680 is so new that I hesitate to wander into the snakepit called Cingular support. I'd much rather hear from someone else on Cingular who uses more than WAP (MEdia Net) with their 680 to see whether they have this same issue or what they may have done to resolve it.

If I get really desperate, I might break down and call them... but I'd have to be REALLY desperate.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Yes I had this. Drove me nuts. The way I solved it was changed my plan with T-Mobile to use the default setting. Certainly not the optimal resolution.
    Silly me... I just re-read your reply and it got me thinking... if it's reverting to the carrier default on both TMo and Cingular then could it really be an issue the carrier could resolve? Oh man... it sounds like a POS bug....
    ...and it can't be a carrier issue, because I got the unlocked unit. For me, the unit tries to use the top-most connection profile, which ISN'T the one that I use, so I'm always having to stop the connection, leave the app, go to Preferences->Network, and change the connection profile to the one I use. How annoying!

I even tried to "fool" the unit by duplicating my preferred connection profile and renaming it so that it appeared at the top of the list. No Dice, it still reverts to the same "default" profile. The problem is that there seems to be no way to save what the default profile should be.

I'd love to hear if anyone's come up with a solution.
    It is a POS bug. I was on the phone for several hours between T-Mobile and Palm. Palm I just kept getting put on hold, with T-mobile we just changed my account setup. Like I said not a good solution but works great for me.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #7  
    Well, that's a record... not even a whole six hours and I'm waiting for a ROM upgrade! LOL! And those poor 700P users are *still* waiting! *cry* I know better than to hope, but it would be nice if Palm turned around in not-too-long and provided some fixes.
  8.    #8  
    Bump and update. I have a behind-the-scenes inquiry going on for this. Based on other symptoms I've heard about, it seems the 680 may be a bit (wilfully?) forgetful when reset time comes. Hopefully we'll hear soon. For now, I've had to make do with having changed the default network profile so that it fails to connect. THAT change at least seems to have survived resets, if changing the selected profile doesn't.
    Any news??? This is really a pain..
    Unlocked GSM 680
  10.    #10  
    Not yet. I'll ping my contact about it and see if they've heard anything back. I was kind of hoping to hear sooner, but the holidays doth rapidly approach.
    Any news on this, it's driving me crazy!!
    Unlocked GSM 680
  12.    #12  
    Sadly, no. The Palm developer my inquiry was forwarded to totally flaked and never got back to either of us. Guess that's a sign of perhaps a more general issue at Palm.

Meanwhile, we continue to suffer this bug.
    My default connection comes from the sim, if I modify it, it seems after a phone restart or a reset - the treo gets the info back from the sim. I wish I new how to edit the sim, my sim also locks out manual network selection.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Just shows how poorly palm did testing of the 680, and I can't believe cingular approved this device.. Too many bugs.. although Palm never gets the bugs out before the release.
    yeah i agree frantid

I accidentally erased my TMOBILE INTERNET profile. i thought SWEET, now it has to use the tzones setting.

on reset...its back. its all stored on the sim.
    I just bought a treo 680 and i have the same problem.

Whenever i do a soft reset and check network I see that
    it went back to the default Service and not to my special
    setup. And even if i clicked on service i didnt see it but
    when i went to details and the modify there i could see
    my special setup. Sometimes even i couldnt see anything
    i had to click several times till i got the button to choose
    the service.

I need to use my special setup to be able to use push email
    (Goodlink). But when i set it up and try to connect it connects
    to my special setup and after a while it turns back to the default
    setup.

I used before the treo 650 and it was working fine there.

Any help appreciated
  17.    #17  
    I'm not aware of any solution yet. I tried a few times to follow-up with the internal contact, but that lead dried up. So I guess we're just stuck waiting for a firmware upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    I'm not aware of any solution yet. I tried a few times to follow-up with the internal contact, but that lead dried up. So I guess we're just stuck waiting for a firmware upgrade.
    I've mentioned this on another thread BUT there is a workaround. I use a multi-sim card and it does NOT revert on resets. It is 100% a sim chip problem NOT a firmware issue since it works with another sim. It may be the way that the sim and firmware interact but it can definitely be turned OFF through the sim.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I've mentioned this on another thread BUT there is a workaround. ... It may be the way that the sim and firmware interact but it can definitely be turned OFF through the sim.
    Well, the next obvious question is HOW? Are you suggesting that the carrier needs to adjust something? OK... but what?

In my case, I'm using the exact same SIM I did with my 650 and suddenly the behavior changed. So, from my perspective, something that was working properly suddenly isn't. And, oh look, the thing that changed was the phone.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I've mentioned this on another thread
    For those that want to see a similar rambling about TMO customers having this issue, it's here.
    Last edited by taroliw; 02/14/2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: found thread link
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast