1.    #1  
    I just got this headset to use with my Samsung IP-830w and am not at all impressed. I've read others with the same phone as I that claim it worked well, but the volume is way too low and sounds somewhat hollow. Apparently the mic works ok because people I speak with claim the hear me better with this headset than my HBH-610, but my end doesn't sound good at all. Any tips or tricks with this device?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
    I just got this headset to use with my Samsung IP-830w and am not at all impressed. I've read others with the same phone as I that claim it worked well, but the volume is way too low and sounds somewhat hollow. Apparently the mic works ok because people I speak with claim the hear me better with this headset than my HBH-610, but my end doesn't sound good at all. Any tips or tricks with this device?
    Congratulations! Now its on to law school. 'Hope you have a patient wife. (Been there, done that, Loyola U of C Law '85). I remeber you using a HBH 300. I tried the "AX2 Pro" modification discussed on this site alot as a substitute, and I really like the results. Loud on my end, comfortable, and the grafted on EM3 microphone does a great job of noise cancellation outside. You can walk under the CTA tracks and still carry on a conversation. If you're even a little handy, give it a try.