1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo for about a year and have bought quite a bit of apps. (By the way, new people reading this, buy utilities 1st, then games. I have a lot of games and can't afford stuff like Chatter and Ringo now).

Well, with the possibility of the iPhone coming out next year, I'm thinking of switching. While I can sell my Treo 650, is it possible to sell the software also? I wouldn't mind taking a big discount on it either, just to get some cash out of it, rather than it just sitting on my hard drive.
    Most software licenses are standard in that they prohibit resale of the product. You also will, in most cases encounter the unlock code being "keyed" to the hotsync user name. I doubt the person you sell your Treo to will be thrilled to have use your name for their hotsync user name.

If you want to sell the Treo, your best advice is to do it clean, legal, and morally upright. Hard reset the device and hand it to them with the Installation CD, SD cards (if you wish), and accessories, if any and negotiate on hardware, not software.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  3.    #3  
    Well, the Treo part of it, I'll do the hard reset and not sell with any software.

I was just wondering if it's like it is with CD-ROMs. For instance, I used to play The Sims until I lost the main CD. I had about 4 or 5 expansion packs and no way to play them, so I uninstalled them from my computer and sold them on eBay.

I'm not sure how that would work, since this software is downloadable. I may email the places where I bought them and ask them what my options are. The little $5-$10 apps don't bother me that much, but it's the $20-$30 ones that'll sting.