1.    #1  
    And am I ever excited! Haven't loaded anything onto it yet, but the screen and the form factor seem amazing! (especially when compared to my trusty 600) There appears to be no lag, but of course, I haven't loaded anything onto it yet! Keyboard layout is closer to the 600 than the 650, so it's an easy learning curve for me. Now - if only I can get all my data AND 3rd party programs onto it without trouble. I don't have much, just things like Tube and Wordsmith and Snapper, if I decide to keep it.
  2.    #2  
    I HAVE noticed one thing that seems a shame - on the 600, you could assign different sounds to SMS messages and MMS messages, but it doesn't appear that you can on the 680. I hate when they take conveniences away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    And am I ever excited! Haven't loaded anything onto it yet, but the screen and the form factor seem amazing! (especially when compared to my trusty 600) There appears to be no lag, but of course, I haven't loaded anything onto it yet! Keyboard layout is closer to the 600 than the 650, so it's an easy learning curve for me. Now - if only I can get all my data AND 3rd party programs onto it without trouble. I don't have much, just things like Tube and Wordsmith and Snapper, if I decide to keep it.

Congrats!!! I hope you are happy with you new Treo. If there are 2 words that I cannot recommend highly enough, especially when going form a 600 to a 680, they are:

CLEAN INSTALL!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129942

This includes - DO NOT install your 3rd paty apps from the 600 backup file. Use the original file from when you purchased the apps. This will result in a happy Treo.

Enjoy!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the tip! I intend to do just that, although I'm not sure I can find my original installs. But I will try!
    Andrew-NYC

Is your treo cingular or unlocked and when did you buy it, I'm waiting on mine and on the site it says no wait time but CSR at Palm told me 1-2 week wait.
  6.    #6  
    I bought it unlocked - directly from Palm - ordered it on 11/22.
    Congrats, mine should arrive today too, unfortunatly FedEX doesn't come to my house till around 6-7pm, and I"ll be at work...darn, hopefully they'll make it here before I leave for work tonight.
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    nice! I'm so jealous! enjoy your new toy!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip! I intend to do just that, although I'm not sure I can find my original installs. But I will try!
    Andrew, they/Perry say to get the most updated installs of your apps.

Just an FYI.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I received mine today as well. Not exactly happy with it so far. I am use to the SAmsung i320n and the Samsung D900. Both are Ultra slim devices. The 680 seems like a brick compared to them.
    Andrew, I would recommend using a backup program like BackupMan and install that before you install any other third party program. Then you should perform a backup after each program you install just encase it's not compatible, you will be able to roll back to a working set.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.