1.    #1  
    I have tried installing Palm Desktop for my Treo 650 at work (using the Outlook conduit like I have typically done at home). I had my network administrator put in his Administrator password when prompted in the install. I synced my data as the installation requested and everything worked. However, when I rebooted the system and tried to HotSync the Treo gets hung up on identifying user and the HotSync manager says:

“Important palmOne Desktop Components are missing and prevent this handheld from synchronizing. Please download and install the palmOne Desktop for your handheld”.

I had him install it as Administrator (not as user\Administrator) and that did not work either. What gives?
    Last edited by Indianmack; 12/05/2006 at 11:56 AM.
    Your administrator should set you up temporarily as a local administrator. Then install Palm Desktop. Then he can remove you from the local admin account. I have done this before and it works. He can also give users full permission to the Palm folder if necessary.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Your administrator should set you up temporarily as a local administrator. Then install Palm Desktop. Then he can remove you from the local admin account. I have done this before and it works. He can also give users full permission to the Palm folder if necessary.
    Thanks...Works perfect...Admin wasn't happy to give me the rights but is working for now!!