1.    #1  
    i am used to using Treoguard. But, It is causing problems on the 680. Are ther any other apps that turn the screen off during a call?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    do you mean turn the backlight off or disable the touchscreen while on a call? both can be managed in preferences (backlight can be set to go off on a call after 30 seconds in the Power preferences, and disabling the touchscreen on a call can be managed in the Keyguard preferences).
  3.    #3  
    Actually in the prefs it says that tha tcalls can be "dimmed" after x amount of time. I want something that turns the screen off during a call
    Why? If it's for power I doubt the dimmed screen uses all that much. If it for not activing the screen by accident use the disable touch screen during call option.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    The creen just annoys me when it is on. Just a pref I have.
    Resurrected this post....

Wanted to know if ANYONE has come up with a solution to this?

- Turn screen off after receiving phone calls (this is good at night, but also so cops dont see you on your phone in a car.....let's be practical...we all do that)

- Curious if there is a TreoGuard for the Treo 680 ? or something like it?
    Phone technician
    thanks...will look into it...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have used Sandman on a 600, a 650 and now a 700P. On the 700P I have it mapped to the side-button (Press and hold). You just have to be careful not to use the RED power button to wake it back up if you are still on a call.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-276.html?Sandman