Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    So I've had my 650 for a while and it's working relatively fine. Battery issues, a weird spot that I caused on the screen and a flakey connector for the battery charger notwithstanding, the thing works and I rely on it heavily. Nevertheless, I was having pangs of techno withdrawal as I haven't gotten a new gadget in a while. I figured I would call Asurian and ask 'em about a replacement phone because of the flakey connector (which is pretty annoying - the charger won't stay connected unless it's just so) and they said they'd replace the 650 with a refurbed 700P. Thus, for a whopping $50, I'm getting a 700!

might not be a great thing. hopefully you get a good one. good luck.

but if you were having that many issues with the 650, then maybe...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I think it's a good thing. New technology for you and another set of eyes to ferret out issues is always a good thing. As for the unit itself, it will go one of two possible ways:

You'll love it (like most of us) or you'll hate it (and they have a pretty big team too)

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I think it's a good thing. New technology for you and another set of eyes to ferret out issues is always a good thing. As for the unit itself, it will go one of two possible ways:

You'll love it (like most of us) or you'll hate it (and they have a pretty big team too)

SMEGGIE

(Insert model # of your choice and SMEGGIE's statement remains true.)
    I've had a 700p for a week and have had no problems.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    (Insert model # of your choice and SMEGGIE's statement remains true.)
    Yeah, I really try to be all things to all people.

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by creativeguy View Post
    I've had a 700p for a week and have had no problems.
    Rookie.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I'm sorry I might be spoiling your day, but do you have an unlimitted data plan ? I think you will find an unpleasant surprise then when you will be activating the phone (at least I did with sprint) - the unlimited data with 700p is much more expensive then the same plan with 650 - and you can not use the 650 plan - it has to do with the different data networks those 2 phones use.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    They said power vision was $5/month more than Vision.
    My vision on my 600 was $10 per month. Power vision on the 700p is costing me $15. Not that big a deal and the speed improvements of EVDO are well worth it.
    I also got a cheap upgrade. So far (thanks, in part, to forums like this) I have gotten around almost all I disliked about the 700p.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
    I'm sorry I might be spoiling your day, but do you have an unlimitted data plan ? I think you will find an unpleasant surprise then when you will be activating the phone (at least I did with sprint) - the unlimited data with 700p is much more expensive then the same plan with 650 - and you can not use the 650 plan - it has to do with the different data networks those 2 phones use.
    Not true. I had/have the vision business plan. Got it on my 600, transfered to my 650 plan, and when I activated my 700p, the guy who activated tried to switch me. He could not get the business connect to accept in his system (i thing for billing) while he had the power vision in. He switched me back and told me I would not have evdo. Guess what. I still get charged $15, its still business vision plan, and it gets EVDO just fine. Its a billing issue with sprint and you just have to get the right person to help to get it done.
    The vision and power vision plans both have a $15 plan. They are different thoug b/c one deals with 1RTT only & the other both 1XRTT & EVDO.