Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok, so I've encountered pretty much my first problem....sometimes when I hit the red power button to quickly turn my device on from 'sleep' mode, it won't work. Same in reverse, if I want to put it to 'sleep'.

Last night I had to do a soft reset b/c I hit the red button about 10 times, but the phone still wouldn't wake up!

Anyone else?
    Hope this isn't the freezing issue we saw with the 650.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    Ok, so I've encountered pretty much my first problem....sometimes when I hit the red power button to quickly turn my device on from 'sleep' mode, it won't work. Same in reverse, if I want to put it to 'sleep'.

Last night I had to do a soft reset b/c I hit the red button about 10 times, but the phone still wouldn't wake up!

Anyone else?
    Funny. I am seeing some odd behavoir with the red button myself. So far it only deals with power on / off. Sometimes I press the button and while it feels like I press it nothing happens. I have to press it again. NO soft resets yet.
    I am having the same problem. I think it could be related to the lag issue.
    I also have this problem on both of my 680's.........
    Yep, same problem here and there is DEFINATELY a lag issue on the 680. Hopefully this will be fixed. This is on my Arctic, my Graphite comes any time now and I will check the issue on that as well
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    Yep, same problem here and there is DEFINATELY a lag issue on the 680. Hopefully this will be fixed. This is on my Arctic, my Graphite comes any time now and I will check the issue on that as well
    I hope its the lag and not a hardware issue.
    Well, it might be a good thing to remember that although the 680 is an improvement over the 650 in some ways it will be very similar in many others. Particularly important is understanding that POS doesn't support interrupts. Pressing the power key is just like pressing any other key. If the OS is busy doing something, then the keypress can be "lost." If you press the power key while it's entering low power mode, it will almost never respond... until it completes the operation. I also find (with the 650) that it occasionally doesn't respond on the first power key press when waking it up.

This is not a behavior that I expect to see change with the 680, honestly. The OS is the OS. This is just a reason to add to the this for wanting ALP ASAP.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Gee, I'm in good company I guess. I'd love to see this fixed. Pretty irritating!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I haven't seen that problem on my Red Treo. I've seen the lag problem people are talking about but it's very minor for me and it doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact it's much better then the 650. I used to have the 650 lock up on me when I'm on a second call and either I hang up or the other person hangs up at the same time, and none of that has happened on this phone.