1.    #1  
    Just got the copper 680 and love it. I need a data plan from Cingular. Can I just sign up on line for the Media Max 200? It says I get unlimited internet and email as well as 200 messages and it is a lot cheaper than the 39.95 plan I used to have before my 650 broke.
    Do a search here for Data Plan and you will come up with plenty of threads. Here are just a few of the ones that relate to your question.

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...ight=data+plan

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikealp View Post
    Can I just sign up on line for the Media Max 200?
    Yes.
    Here's the current Cingular data Offerings page:

http://www.cingular.com/cell-phone-s...hone-plans.jsp
    That's the plan I'm using with my Treo 680.

Just got the copper 680 and love it. I need a data plan from Cingular. Can I just sign up on line for the Media Max 200? It says I get unlimited internet and email as well as 200 messages and it is a lot cheaper than the 39.95 plan I used to have before my 650 broke.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    http://www.cingular.com/cell-phone-s...egory=cat50005

Would the SmartPhone Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail plan work?
    same here - using the media max 200 plan

plus, i got the latest sim card (64k) and the web seems to work a little quicker than it did on my previous pda (or maybe its just my imagination)

i must say, i was very excited that i just popped in my sim and all the internet settings were there. i was worried i would have to manually set-up my treo (i got an unlocked crimson)
    Quote Originally Posted by detzx View Post
    http://www.cingular.com/cell-phone-s...egory=cat50005

Would the SmartPhone Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail plan work?
    Yes, that would work too.
    When I go to the Cingular's web site and price the Treo 680 as a new customer, it lists Data Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail as $39.99 a month. Is the $19.99 price only available to current customers? What's the difference?

~J.
    Again, Cingular's web site lists the $39.99 plan as the "proper" one for the Treo 680. The discount and rebate offers which bring the price down to $199 are however contingent on you signing up for a voice plan of specific value AND a a data connect plan worth at elast $39.99 a month.

From that I conclude that while the Cingular "smartphone plan" for $19.99 will still work just fine (assuming you don't need VPN), you ain't gonna be eligible for the $199 price when ya buy the phone.

Now I no longer see the Mediamax, MediaNet etc being listed on Cingular's list of available plans. One might conclude that they *may* have instituted a policy that prohibits such plans on Treos along with these new plan designations.

I gave a CSR a call and said, hey listen, my friend has a Treo with MediaMax200 which he wants to sell to me when he buys a new one. Will I still be able to use the MediaMax200 plan he has for $19.99 if I put the phone in my name ?

The CSR said yes, to which I responded, "So how come I can't find it on the web site ?"....his answer was that he just sold one earlier so he's sure that one can still add the MediaMax200 plan and that the $39.99 plan is only required if:

a) You want the $199 purchase price
    b) You need VPN

Any update on this? I just received my new 680 & need to sign up for a data plan. I got the unlocked version b/c I was not up for being locked into paying $40 a month for data thru Cingular. Has anyone recently added the MEdia Max 200 Bundle feature & got internet working on the 680?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam100778 View Post
    Has anyone recently added the MEdia Max 200 Bundle feature & got internet working on the 680?
    Yes. I did this on Friday and it's working fine.
    Cingular says I'm eligible to upgrade to the 680 from my 650 now for $199. I also have the unlimited Media Net at $24.95 -- I was lucky enough to get in almost 2 years ago before the price increase.

So... does anyone know if when I go to the 680 (at the discount price) whether they'll make me go to the more expensive data plan? A store zombie rep says "no", and that this would only be a hardware change and extension to the contract. But I'm not convinced he knows what he's talking about.

He did say that they would only make me go to the more expensive plan if I went to a UMTS handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    Cingular says I'm eligible to upgrade to the 680 from my 650 now for $199. I also have the unlimited Media Net at $24.95 -- I was lucky enough to get in almost 2 years ago before the price increase.

So... does anyone know if when I go to the 680 (at the discount price) whether they'll make me go to the more expensive data plan? A store zombie rep says "no", and that this would only be a hardware change and extension to the contract. But I'm not convinced he knows what he's talking about.

He did say that they would only make me go to the more expensive plan if I went to a UMTS handset.
    I actually had the more expensive data plan ($39.99) and had them move me to the Media Max 200 ($19.99) via phone after a couple of days with the 680. I will say that I had been trying forever to get them to switch me but they never would. Finally got a CSR that would do it. Works great and yes I have been able to connect to the internet, alot faster with the 680 vs the 650.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    gadgetjunkies,

Did you try to change your plan yourself on the website? I too have the Unlimited 39.99 plan and would love to go to the 19.99 plan. I don't need VPN. I guess I can play CSR roulette. My 680 is due to arrive today!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!