View Poll Results: What is/was your favorite SPRINT Treo phone?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Treo 600

0 0%
  • Treo 650

0 0%
  • Treo 700p

4 44.44%
  • Treo 700wx

5 55.56%
  • Other

0 0%
  1. rcs
    I am sure this has already been discussed, but I want to make everyone aware

that has a Treo 700wx that there is a PRL Update. Many people are not

aware. Most of the threads only discuss the 700p, but the same update is

available for the 700wx. Here is how to go about it. First, check the PRL

version you have. Go to Start>Settings>System>About>Phone and then scroll

down to check PRL. It will be a 4 digit number, it should read 20225, that is

the latest version. If you have anything less, follow these steps. Call CS (*2),

ask to have your account flagged for the lastest PRL update. Then wait about

1/2 hour and dial *2. It should prompt you and say that your phone is being

updated. An automated voice will let you know that the update is complete.

Hang up and then do a soft reboot (this is done by quickly tapping your reset

button). Then do Start>Settings>System>About>Phone and scroll down to

check your PRL version. It should now read 20225.

Most threads do not get into detail about how to go about PRL Updates, and the average user does not even know what a PRL update is. This is why I decided to do this thread.

Things I have noticed improvement in:

* Signal Strength
    * Battery Life
    * EVDO Internet Speed

I highly recommend this update be done for all 700wx users. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the tip on 20225 - got it today. However, the rep said she "already installed the updates" and that I needed to turn my phones off and back on and they'd be updated. I said, "no more needing to do *2?!?" and she said I "could" but it isn't necessary. (uh-huh...right.)

So I did what she said, and of course it still showed 20224. So I did the usual *2 and it updated as it always had. Now got 20225 - hopefully it's gonna hold a data signal better than it's been doing lately.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I get "you phone doesn't need the update since it is only needed in some Sprint PCS areas. Your phone will update it's self if it is needed."

Kerry in VA
  4. rcs
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    I get "you phone doesn't need the update since it is only needed in some Sprint PCS areas. Your phone will update it's self if it is needed."

Kerry in VA
    Did you check you PRL Number to see what it is? Not all areas update at the same time, I think I was told that.
  5. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post

Kerry in VA
    I dont know whose fault that is... hers that she had the nerve to say that or yours to not realize that she's exactly right and that's why you need it. Unless you don't leave your house...