Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Here is the link available for a RIP ROM for the new Treo 680

http://www.treo.net.cn/software/treo...80_rom_rip.rar

It would be interesting to see anyone would try to use some of the applications in Treo 650. As far as I can tell the Treo 680 is an upgraded Treo 650 with more memory, better radio and slightly different keyboard...

The new phone app, Blazer might be worth trying....

Please post if anyone had done it , Thanks...
    Easy to spot the AVRCP plugin in the rip. I've got an old 650 that I'll try to mess with today.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samali13 View Post
    Here is the link available for a RIP ROM for the new Treo 680

http://www.treo.net.cn/software/treo...80_rom_rip.rar

It would be interesting to see anyone would try to use some of the applications in Treo 650. As far as I can tell the Treo 680 is an upgraded Treo 650 with more memory, better radio and slightly different keyboard...

The new phone app, Blazer might be worth trying....

Please post if anyone had done it , Thanks...
    Blazer might be worth trying, but with less memory available, it probably won't perform as well. The new phone app is a mixed bag. A lot of us here would rather have our old 650 phone app back, I think.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Interesting idea! Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Didn't work. Don't care to mess with it much since I'm sending my old 650 back to Sprint after they gave me a free 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Didn't work. Don't care to mess with it much since I'm sending my old 650 back to Sprint after they gave me a free 700p.
    How did you get a free 700P? I just had my 650 exchanged under the insurance program and they gave me a refurb.
    I wonder if that can be done the other way around with 650 rom on the new 680. Why? Maybe the apps that worked well on the 650 can now work on the 680 if it was downgraded? I'm probably an ***** for thinking this. Just desparately looking for any way to get BBConnect working on 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by av8shunmeckanec View Post
    How did you get a free 700P? I just had my 650 exchanged under the insurance program and they gave me a refurb.
    I guess that I'm a good customer. They sent me a free, brand new 700p to replace my 20 month old 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype View Post
    I wonder if that can be done the other way around with 650 rom on the new 680. Why? Maybe the apps that worked well on the 650 can now work on the 680 if it was downgraded? I'm probably an ***** for thinking this. Just desparately looking for any way to get BBConnect working on 680.
    If you're like a few people who like the old Phone and Contacts programs on the 650, you're not a fool. I might try that once I get my hands on the 680 (next week?!!?), but of course as of yet there isn't a ROM editor for the 680, so that means we can't replace the 680 programs as of yet.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Bump.

Anyone have any luck with this?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Does anyone know if the 680 phone app can be loaded into the 650 ROM. If so, what files should be transferred. I am using an unlocked GSM 650 - is there a rom out there for the unlocked GSM 680?
    I've had no luck doing this. Transferred all the Phone files but starting the Phone app put me in a reset loop. NVBackup to the rescue.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebleb View Post
    I've had no luck doing this. Transferred all the Phone files but starting the Phone app put me in a reset loop. NVBackup to the rescue.
    same here (but on the 700) NVBackup saved me too...
    nv backup?

you mean you just uploaded your original rom ace.zip from boot loader?
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    anyone tried transferring the phone apps using rom Tool? i'm assuming people have only tried putting the phone apps on ram and not rom
    They would have had to have put the apps in RAM, no one has cracked the 680's bootloader unless I missed a major announcement...
    no i meant, the treo 680 "phone app" from the the treo 680 rom... to be put on the treo 650 via the rom tool.. i assumed those who failed to make it work has only tried putting the apps on ram and not on rom using the treo 650 rom tool..

that's what i meant and im sorry for the confusion...
    From the reviews of the 755p, it appears that the 680 phone app was not put on the 755p because the phone app was made for GSM systems. If this is the case then it must not work for the Sprint 650.

Are you (that have tried and failed) using a GSM 650 or CDMA 650?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Easy to spot the AVRCP plugin in the rip. I've got an old 650 that I'll try to mess with today.
    hi,

what is the avrcp ?
    Why would you want the 680 phone app. I have a 680 and it doesn't work as well as the 650s.

The one list favorite sucks. If you used to use a lot of favorites, now it's in 1 big long list with no way to organize them in alphabetical order (easier to find a favorite). You can move them around, but assuming you had 5 full pages of favorites on your 650 that you transferred to the 680, then it's going to take a looooong time to put those links into the order you like. Also, you can't even remove the VOICEMAIL favorite. It's stuck at the number 1 spot in the favorites, and I hate that. I usually just press and hold 1 for voicemail, and want that number 1 spot for something else.

Also, with the new phone app, scrolling through contacts is slower. Instead of looking at contacts on a whole page, now 1/4 of the screen is blocked. Meaning maybe instead of looking at 5-6 contacts per pages, now your looking at 4-5 contacts per page.

Also, call log on the 680 DOESN"T show the call duration. There's just time of the call, that's it.

Soooo, althought the 680's phone app LOOKS better, it definetly does not PERFORM better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast