1.    #1  
    I need help. I just got my 680, and was trying to pair with my Prius, but having problems.

Treo locates and and recognizes the Prius; and I am able to enter pairing sequence up until entering the passkey number on my 680. After entering the passkey into 680, it acknowledges its pairing.

The problem is that the Prius fails to complete the paring process with a successfull message.

I don't have any problems with the 650, but the 680 is giving problems....

Anyone with suggestion on what I could be doing wrong? I am following the instructions in the manual both the PRIUS and the TREO

H E L P!!!
  2. kdm
    Unsure if you saw my recent post regarding pairing issues with my Treo 650 and Camry. What you described is exactly what I was experiencing. The phone appeared to complete the pairing process, but the car didn't.

Next time you try to pair the two and you see the phone has added the hands free device - try placing a call. I ended up having to do a hard reset after making the call, but the bluetooth connection was recognized after I powered it back on.

Good luck!
    Did you finally succeed and does your caller id work? I have successfully paired my 680p (Cingular) with my 2007 Prius. I receive and make calls through the car using speed dial or voice dial. However, not all of my Treo contacts transfer (can't figure out a pattern) and no caller id information displays on the car screen when I receive calls. Even for callers in the car phone book. Every received call reads as "not supported". How about yours?
    Would this work for a 2007 Camry Hybrid, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niobe View Post
    Did you finally succeed and does your caller id work? I have successfully paired my 680p (Cingular) with my 2007 Prius. I receive and make calls through the car using speed dial or voice dial. However, not all of my Treo contacts transfer (can't figure out a pattern) and no caller id information displays on the car screen when I receive calls. Even for callers in the car phone book. Every received call reads as "not supported". How about yours?
    How did you get your 680 to pair exactly? Did you use kdm's suggestion? I really don't want to end up doing a hard reset.

kdm, Are you saying that the pairing worked every time after the initial hard reset? What kind of Camry do you have and what year? I'm driving a 2007 Camry Hybrid with the Navigation system. I've read elsewhere that having the nav system may make a difference.

Thanks!
    stfunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Would this work for a 2007 Camry Hybrid, too?
    Look at you, always trying to help a cuz out... (thanks)
    I followed the Prius manual instructions. I tried several times, the Treo locked up and I removed and re-inserted the battery. After it turned on again, I tried to pair again, using the same directions and it worked that time. I don't know why. It has worked ever since. My 2007 does not have nav. I still get "not supported" for all incoming call info.
    Quote Originally Posted by StFunny View Post
    Look at you, always trying to help a cuz out... (thanks)
    Of course! If you give up on your 680, I'll be the only one in the family with a Treo again
    I had the same problem. It is an easy fix. Pair the treo in the prius. Although the prius does not look like it is registred, don't worry. Make sure you have the Prius "Handsfree" as one of your trusted devices on the Treo 680 (and make sure it is visible). Then when in the tursted devices menu on the treo, highlight "handsfree", press the menu button and "connect". That makes sure it is recognised.
    But, alhtough I can now make calls now through the BT in the prius and receive calls, and even transfer my phone book, I am still having a couple of problems

1. The caller ID function is not working on the Prius with my Treo (i.e. every call that comes up is not caller unknown on the Prius, whilst on my Treo I have the caller id.

2. The way I have set up all my nos on my treo is as follows - +44 20 7123 5678 (i.e with spaces). The Prius does not recognise spaces and thus thinks the phone no ends after +44. Any idea how I can put a - (hyphen) instead of every space.

Let me know fi you can help please.
    Thanks