1.    #1  
    Good day all,

I have heard not the best of things about Cingular and I am now with Sprint and have been for 4 1/2 years. Their cust. service went from so so to crap.

According to pc mag and consumer reports Sprint is the bottom of the heap. Plus the only Sprint store with a service shop in my county, (after waiting 3 1/2 years to get one), has now been trasfered to Embarq, (awful name, imagine how much money went to make a crummy name like that and a paper airplane for a logo?), inspite of the fact that my county is now the fastest growing county in the state of Florida!

Ok my plan is as follows, sell my 650 which is less than 1 years old, (it was traded in for a NEW, not reburbished one, a few months ago and is mint condition), for a 680 unlocked to work on Verizion.

1. Will the 680 work on Verision. Also, since it will be unlocked, I will have to send it off to palm should there be a problem, once the guarantee ends, will palm continue to repair/repalce afterward?

2. Will Verizion offer Insurance, if the phone is not from them??

My orginal plan was to wait for the 750, for verizion in a PALM format, but unless I have followed the issue improperly, there is no planned 750 "P" at this time.

3. Or should I get a 700 "P" from verizion? I do see that there are a large number of people unhappy with Palm over the 700 "P", that was one of the two reasosn why I thought I would go from the 650 to the 680. The other is the fact that the 680 is smaller, lighter and has no antennea.

I understand that Seideo is working on a better battery for the 680, so that should not be a problem for much longer.

I am intested in all input as to which phone any of you suggest as well as cell carrier.

4 Last Question, will my 650, charger, travel charger, extra styli, sd cards, etc, work on the 680, should I go in that direction?

In the meantime, let me thank all of you at TC for all of the great info, over the many years and to wish all of you the very best for the holiday season.

Take care and lets hope for world peace

Jay

Sprint treo 300, Sprint Treo 600, Sprint Treo 650.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The 680 will not, under any circumstances, run on a CDMA network (Sprint, Verizon). It is made for GSM networks only. Sorry bud!

As for the 700p questions, I'm sure someone can answer...I don't have much experience with those
    The 680 will not work for Verizon or Sprint. It is a GSM phone and requires a SIM card to work. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA providers, not GSM (T-Mobile and Cingular are GSM).

For Verizon or Sprint, took for the 700p or the 700w/x versions. The 680 and 750's that are out right now are only for GSM services.
    DOH, wolverine beat me to it
    1. 680 will NOT work on Verizon. The 680 is a GSM phone, Verizon is a CDMA network, they are incompatable.

2. Verizon will not allow a non-Verizon phone on their network, so you wouldn't be able to use, let alone insure, a non-Verizon phone through Verizon.

3. Haven't used a p, so I can't comment on it, but I do believe it is the only POS phone that Verizon currently carries so if you really want Verizon or a Palm OS phone, then it may be a good option for you.

4. Not sure myself.

Just to throw out another option for you, the Unlocked 680 will work on T-Mobile's neywork. I don't know how their coverage is near you, but their prices and customer service are ranked pretty high.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
  6.    #6  
    So that means either I get a 700 "P" or I go with T-mobile, who I know nothing about of Cingular, who my GF uses and hates. Anyone have any input about those 2 carriers and fi I go with the 680 on T-mobile or Cingular, can anyone please let me know the answers to my other questions?

Also is there a 650 planned for CDMA or Verizion & Sprint???

Thanks a million, Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  7.    #7  
    Will T-Moblle allow an unlocked phoen on it's system or MUST I get the 680 from them. I also would asume that ins. will not be available from t-mobile if the phoen is unlocked. (I had wanted a phone a bit more colorful than the blah color t-mobile offers).

I have never used my ins, on any phone although I have been using some form of cell phone for over 15 years.

Take care, Jay
    All of the GSM providers (T-Mobile, Cingular) allow unlocked phones on their networks.

T-Mobile is good in many ways--great plans, great customer service--but their coverage isn't the best (though it's gotten a lot better). Cingular has coverage almost on par with Verizon but their customer service is horrible (like Sprint).

Also Verizon will charge you up the wazoo for anything. They have excellent coverage, good support, insane prices, and lock their (mediocre) phones down.

(What it boils down to is choose the provider the least sucky for you! The US simply has a below average cellular infrastructure.)

You can usually only insure phones you buy directly from providers.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Go with the 700P. If you want to go to Verizon. the 700P is a great phone. I have both this phone and this service and I love the phone and the service.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Hey Jay you must be in Lee or collier county.
  11.    #11  
    Him No I am Lake county!
    It's not available for T-Mobile, but if you're switching over, buy an unlocked 680 from Palm. Then, instead of just signing up for a plan for t-mobile, just go to a t-mobile store and get one of the phones that they're giving away for free with a plan. When you get home, swap out the SIM card, and slap that free phone you got up on ebay for a couple of bucks
    I just got my unlocked 680 (Crimson baby!) and I'm on T-Mobile. It is working fine.
    Seattle Area Realtor - www.atruehome.com
    www.Ragnaroc.org