Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would pay $100 for a seidio battery that fits into the form factor

Eric: Its all about the tech and parts that go into the product. Palm probably uses lower quality stuff when it comes to batteries to keep the total cost down, while seidio can spend a heap of $$ on a new battery with better 'stuff' in it to increase efficiency. Just like they did with the extended treo 650 battery.
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Where will I get seidios battery in germany?
    They already did it with the 650. Palm put an 1800 mah battery in, and Seidio crafted one the same size with 2400. There was almost a linear increase in battery power--33%, although not quite, for me and posssibly others, because I think the tail end of the power curve is pretty weak and the extent of the very low power was a bit disproportional in my experience. I got a full 20%+ increase of useable power.

I suspect Palm's profit margin is larger so they skimp and make more money on all their components including batteries.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post

Eric: Its all about the tech and parts that go into the product. Palm probably uses lower quality stuff when it comes to batteries to keep the total cost down, while seidio can spend a heap of $$ on a new battery with better 'stuff' in it to increase efficiency. Just like they did with the extended treo 650 battery.
    Our battery group is trying very hard to achive this goal.

Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post

Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
    Amen and thank you!!! I apologize if I sounded overly citical and harsh, as that was not the intent at all. Perhaps I am too used to dealing with Palm, and that is why I over reacted!! I know that a lot of hard work must be going on behind the scenes to get these products in our hands, and to manufacture products that make sense for users in all kinds of categories. I am glad that Seido is communicating with us about this process, as many vendors would simply not do this.

Thanks again!!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    The current car cradle originally for my 650 feels a bit tight for the 680. It felt like it was going to break something off.
    So when can we expect the seidio rubberized holster for the 680?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I love the slimness of the new 680, but i would trade slimness for more battery life.

With that being said, if Seidio comes out with a new extended battery, either 1800, 2400, 3200, etc and it requires a extended battery cover, will it come in the Arctic, Crimson, Copper, etc?

And if it does, how well will the color match? I'm a perfectionist and I would want it to be perfectly matched in color.
    It would be nice if they came out with the 1800 because it would require no cover and for most of us it might suffice.
  11.    #31  
    Seidio will release The rubberized swivel lock holster for Treo 680 today (12/8).

If you would like to get on the list to be notified when any of the new accessories is released, please send an email to
    Treo680@seidio.com

David Chang
    Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
    who cares about that.. wheres the battery
    -tgwaste
    yes, David you will be our Hero if you come up with an extended Battery

I've had my 680 for about a week now, and like everything about it except the Battery life sucks!!!!!!...I havent been able to make it through a full day without having to stick it on a charger
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I like/bought that holster!!

I agree w/ DavisDog. The batt is the only issue. Great phone. Hopefully the batt situation will work itself out....
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    How about the audio adapter? Seidio, can you supply an audio adapter for the 680 so that we can avoid using the 2.5 mm jack? I try never to touch it now that two 680s have busted on me after I used the jack. But that means I have to depend upon BT which isn't always that convenient. Could you just repin the audio adapter for 650 and supply us a 680 unit? I think a lot of people might jump at at it.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    How about the audio adapter? Seidio, can you supply an audio adapter for the 680 so that we can avoid using the 2.5 mm jack? I try never to touch it now that two 680s have busted on me after I used the jack. But that means I have to depend upon BT which isn't always that convenient. Could you just repin the audio adapter for 650 and supply us a 680 unit? I think a lot of people might jump at at it.
    I apologize, but we chose not to continue this product's development. With the emergence of Bluetooth, the demand is not as high, and we would have to create a seperate product for Windows Mobile devices. I'll talk to our engineers again to see if this product is feasible.

Thanks
    There's a problem depending on Bluetooth: Not only is the power consumption sky high with BT audio earphones (they have to be stereo to get the equivalent of the jack performance) but at leat theoretically you are prohibited from using them while in flight, which is a pretty high usage time.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I apologize, but we chose not to continue this product's development. With the emergence of Bluetooth, the demand is not as high, and we would have to create a seperate product for Windows Mobile devices. I'll talk to our engineers again to see if this product is feasible.

Thanks
    David: Can you explain why the Audio adapter for the 650 does not work on the 680? Is it a different pin out or the impedance issue? If the pinouts are different and you are not planning a new version than I would risk trying to rework the adapters that I have. If its impedance then would the device that you sell solve the problem?

I use the the Audio Adapter to route music and GPS audio prompts to my car sound system. I don't think my GPS app (Telenav) would work with BT.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I see you answered this question in another post. Sorry about that.

"The pin outs have changed" Can you tell me what the change is so that I can risk reworking my Audio adapter?

I would think its a 3 wire set up. Left, Right and Ground. Time to dust off the old soldering iron.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post

I use the the Audio Adapter to route music and GPS audio prompts to my car sound system. I don't think my GPS app (Telenav) would work with BT.
    It certainly wouldn't work if you are already using BT to run your GPS.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast