Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 680 (crimson - love the color!), but the CD was bad (tried it on 3 computers, and none of them could read it). Called Palm tech support and they couldn't help since they don't have any spare parts yet for the 680 -- so tech support forwarded me back to sales. The sales guy didn't want to help, told me to call a supervisor, but he didn't know when a supervisor even came on shift!! Sheesh.

Is there a downloadable CD available on the 'net? Help!
    I think this is what you are looking for..I hope.

Window User:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...n_desktop.html

Mac User:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/macin...c_desktop.html
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Thanks -- that was my first thought. But when you work through that link, it has the message:

"Windows XP and Mac OS X: Please use the CD that came with your Treo 680 smartphone to install Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager software. At this time, Palm does not offer a downloadable version of this software for Treo 680 smartphones."

Tech support confirmed they have no downloadable version right now.
    Why didn't Palm offer you a replacement CD? No spare parts? It's a CD! They could burn one!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by tftp View Post
    Tech support confirmed they have no downloadable version right now.
    So where are you located? There's probably another board user that local to you and might not mind burning you a copy until Palm "gets it's act together" (like that'll ever happen... )
    i received my crimson today also and the CD did not work. and I know it is not the two laptops and one desktop that I tried opening it on!

thankfully, i planned on using missing sync anyhow (I have a mac), but i was curious to see what apps they were providing with the install CD (other than the Palm desktop)

i will call palm tomorrow and complain as well. they'll probably do nothing, but at least i will know that i tried...
    That really sucks they sent out bad CDs. And I don't see how they can't burn another copy and send it out.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Why doesn't someone on here (with 30 mins free time) make an ISO of their CD and upload it to rapidshare? that could help ppl whose CD's re faulty
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I am having issues w/ the Yahoo/PTunes CD. The Yahoo part sticks when there is a download..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I had the worst time installing the software.. all these Notify errors and such.
    -tgwaste
    I'm in a similar, though probably worse quandry:

My computer is old. Very old, although much of it has been upgraded. I've been running XP Pro on it for years now, and for most of my needs it still functions reasonably well. My newish (bought in 04) DVD-RW drive wouldn't read the install CD. My old (OEM from 1998) DVD-ROM drive did. But...the software won't install. I get the following error message:

"Setup.exe - The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application."

- Tried shutting down all open programs, same error...
    - Tried selecting "Diagnostic Startup- load basic devices & services only" from msconfig, same error...
    - Tried starting in safe mode w/ networking, same error.
    - Tried starting in safe mode, setup would launch and extract Palm.msi...and then gives me the error "Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime."

I have not contacted palm yet...kinda doubting that they'll be able to help. I'm thinking this is a sign it's time for a format & fresh install of my c: drive... But if anyone has any other ideas, I'd like to hear them. And if someone does put up an .iso file, I'd certainly give that a shot...

So frustrating to not be able to sync my new 680!!
  12. sat
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My T680 CD is also bad. The mac part of it loads fine.

The PC part of it does not.

I need the PC Palm Desktop installer installed so I can run the ptunes deluxe installer that is windows only and extract the PRC files.

Does anybody have the Palm Desktop installer off of their CD somewhere I can snag it?
    Yup same here. I never really had any MAJOR issues apart from the fact that the CD wouldn't eject when Windows was running. Simple fix though, restart the PC and eject when booting up.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Count me in as well. The Mac portion reads fine, but nothing on the PC side.
    my 680 came with a bad cd as well. can some post a good link to get the software please
    Repeat Will Rogers repeat! Can somebody just simply copy the WIN install file off their working CD and upload it to rapidshare (or a similar free site) or even some p2p site?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hopefully this will work... cheers...

http://www.mininova.org/tor/506010

Btw, it's NRG Image file... I create it using Nero..
    thanks but it didnt work for me
    Appreciate the effort, olentz, but my torrent program can't find anyone to download it from...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I had my computer restarted and forgot to reopen my torrent client.
    it should be up and running now...

I am currently serving one peer.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast