Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I converted it to ISO, and am attempting to upload to megaupload.com. No clue how long uploading 473 MB will take. I'll post back with a link if/when it completes.
    I'm up and running with the 4.1.4E Palm Desktop that I downloaded from palm.com. Couldn't wait for the CD (headed out of town Monday).

I had already copied my user directory out of the old PD folder, and unistalled the old PD, then deleted the whole directory. So I started completely fresh.

At first synch, all Outlook data (Contacts, Calendar, Memos, Tasks) synched up just dandy.

I already owned DTG 8 for use on my Treo, and I had not uninstalled it. So after my first synch, I fired up DTG, and it prompted me to install the updated app files on the device. BUT the DTG desktop software won't pick up the files I already have loaded on the SD card...the window on the desktop is empty, and there's no "Handheld overwrites Desktop" function. Guess I'll have to re-add all my files manually from My Documents folder. I've been through this before w/ DTG, so no biggie.

Other than PTunes Deluxe, I'm not sure what else I'm missing off the CD. so I won't be in a hurry to load it when it gets here from Palm.
    Treo 680 Install CD ISO file now available at:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SO9PWCYH

You'll have to deal with popups, a 45 second wait prior to downloading, and other assorted hoops, but the file is there for the taking.

brad_h, the Palm Desktop version on the CD is 4.2.0 .
    The install CD included some additional software such as Bejeweled, Docs To Go, an ebook reader, and a few others that I can't recall.

PTunes Deluxe is on the separate Mobile Music Pack CD...i don't think anyone has had issues with this disc.
    I might as well jump on the wagon and say that my CD does not work either.
    I have a Crimson T680 unlocked. I will call Palm and let them know. Hopefully they can send it soon. I spent all day adding 200 contacts in my phone and I am worried that when I do the hotsynch I will have to do a hard reset and I will lose all my contacts. Will this be the case?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    I might as well jump on the wagon and say that my CD does not work either.
    I have a Crimson T680 unlocked. I will call Palm and let them know. Hopefully they can send it soon. I spent all day adding 200 contacts in my phone and I am worried that when I do the hotsynch I will have to do a hard reset and I will lose all my contacts. Will this be the case?
    Before the hotsync, make sure you set the phone to overwrite the desktop as a precaution.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarr3 View Post
    Before the hotsync, make sure you set the phone to overwrite the desktop as a precaution.
    Thx wcarr3, much appreciated.
    My FIRST 680 that was sent by Cingular as my account's "one time exception" to phone upgrade to replace the FOUR malfunctioning Treo 650's I fought with since May '06, came with a bad CD too! Needless to say that Treo 680 wasn't functioning correctly either. So sure enough - it went back and I got my SECOND Treo 680 well, they shipped an entirely new kit so I loaded that CD and it worked!

What gives with Palm's sudden lack of quality control? IS there really that much difference between Palm, PalmOne and Now Palm Access? I certainly hope this Treo lives up to the durability and reliability that my T3 has proved otherwise I may convert to the "M" word people!
    Quote Originally Posted by clogoodie View Post
    Treo 680 Install CD ISO file now available at:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SO9PWCYH

You'll have to deal with popups, a 45 second wait prior to downloading, and other assorted hoops, but the file is there for the taking.

brad_h, the Palm Desktop version on the CD is 4.2.0 .
    The install CD included some additional software such as Bejeweled, Docs To Go, an ebook reader, and a few others that I can't recall.

PTunes Deluxe is on the separate Mobile Music Pack CD...i don't think anyone has had issues with this disc.
    Great! I keep getting a "country limit" message - nobody on here torrents?
    Can you spell "quawlitee cahntrowl"? Palm sure can't. After having a bad CD in my original package, I called Support and they logged a ticket and (a few days later) shipped me a new CD. I was out of town for business this week, and just got back last night to open the DHL package with the new CD. Popped it in this morning, and same exact thing as before...CD drive spins and hunts and grinds, and I get a "please insert disk" message from Win Explorer. This is on 2 Dell laptops as well as a home built PC with 2 CD/DVD drives in it, so 4 drives total.

Yes, I'm up and running with an older version of Palm Desktop, but this is silly. I'm still thrilled with the 680. It's the best, most stable Palm PDA of any I've had (Personal, Pro, III, IIIc, Vx, TT, T3) and gets better reception than any phone I've ever had (various-Motorola, Sony Ericcson, Siemens, etc). I was initially missing the NotePad app (for scribbled apps) but pulled the prc's off a T5 and it works fine. And I added Grafitti Anywhere freeware, but am getting used to the keyboard.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123