Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Sorry for my slow speed, my connection has been pretty bad recently...
    No complaints here...I'll just leave my connection up overnight. Hopefully a few more people will grab it so the speeds are better tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Hey, i just got my artic white and same problem. the CD is bad... this sucks... I will try to download from you torrent and call palm tomorrow
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    man, the speeeds are very slow. 3 peers, download is a crawling 1.5kB/s

i've already sent an email complain regarding the bad cd... pretty stoopid for having to wait so long for the phone to finally get a bad cd also... makes it much more fustrating...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm seeding at around 20-40 KB/s now... so if you only get 1.5 KB/s.. either you have firewall / router issues, or somebody is leeching and not uploading

And as of 2:24 am EST, I already uploaded 227 MB out of 473 MB (around 48%).
    What's up with all the bad CDs???? One or two I can see, looks like this could be a problem though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #27  
    Update to my original post: I extensively cleaned the CD and tried again to read it. Then I cleaned and tried again. And again. Eventually, I got one computer to read the disc and then I copied all the files to my hard drive and ran them from there. So for those still having troubles, you might try giving your CD a good cleaning -- I don't know if that helped, and even in that one try it was still slower than reading an ordinary disc.

Besides cleaning, the only other thing I could think of was that all my computers have DVD burners/drives, not plain CD drives. I've had some discs in the past that only read from CD drives, not DVD drives.

No matter the cause, this is highly annoying, and complaints of this are popping up on HoFo too.
    Quote Originally Posted by olentz View Post
    Hopefully this will work... cheers...

http://www.mininova.org/tor/506010

Btw, it's NRG Image file... I create it using Nero..
    I had my computer restarted and forgot to reopen my torrent client.
    it should be up and running now...

I am currently serving one peer.
    Well finally someone takes the simple work - good work !
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have uploaded almost 3 times the file size, but I am still the only seeder. So please, open your upload cap limit - and when you finished downloading... don't just close the torrent, please help me seeding - at least until there's 2-3 more seeder.
    And I will leave the country tomorrow, so I need someone else to replace me.
    Last edited by olentz; 12/06/2006 at 07:55 AM.
    dominus vobiscum
    I have uploaded almost 3 times the file size, but I am still the only seeder. So please, open your upload cap limit - and when you finished downloading... don't just close the torrent, please help me seeding - at least until there's 2-3 more seeder.
    And I will leave the country tomorrow, so I need someone else to replace me.
    I should be seeding as well...the download finished overnight, and I left the torrent up...unfortunately, I can't check/fix my settings until I get home from work.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for this CD image! You're a lifesaver.

I've been seeding all night - I'll leave it up for as long as possible.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Love you long time, Finally got the cd over night from the download. I too am at work and seeding so hopefully I can help give people who got bad cds a fix quickly without having to deal with palm.
    olentz, thanks once again. Your image file was perfect and I was able to get everything installed successfully and finally sync my phone.

For anyone else that needs to convert the nrg file to iso, I used a program called NRG2ISO, which can be found here. I'll keep my torrent up as much as possible over the next few days.
    anybody can get this on demonoid.com? It'll spread like wildfire there if you can get it up...
    I had to return the whole package to the store, Airport Wireless, in order to get replacement CD. Call Palm support to get case ticket # in case store gives you problem.
    <br>
    "What counts most in creating a successful team is not how compatible its players are, but how they deal with incompatibility." - Sports Illustrated
    I had a bad cd also. Fortunately i also bought a 680 for my girlfriend at the same time so just before throwing my computer across the room she offered her disc to try (I hadn't read this thread yet). I feel for those waiting for the download - i wonder more about all those people that have new 680s that don't visit this forum. Bad user experience.
    Visor Deluxe (green) > Visor Prism > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro
    My personal website is Ryan McFarland
    Just for the sake of the count--- bad CD here as well. Crimson/Copper. Unlocked. Direct from Palm. Purchased Sunday around midnight. Arrived Tuesday.

<sigh>
    Long-time Palm user here (Personal, Pro, III, IIIc, Vx, TT, T3). New Treo user, and new to the forums. I got a 680 Unlocked this week. Can't read CD on 3 different pc's. Called Palm support, and they put in an order for a new CD but didn't know when it would be available.

They advised me to go through the Treo 650 Support page to the Palm Desktop link. When I did this, just before the Download page I selected 680 from a dropdown, along w/ WinXP OS. Then it ofered me Palm Desktop 4.1.4E. Has anyone used this version of Palm Desktop with their 680? Should I go ahead and try it?

Thanks for any input.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad_h View Post
    Long-time Palm user here (Personal, Pro, III, IIIc, Vx, TT, T3). New Treo user, and new to the forums. I got a 680 Unlocked this week. Can't read CD on 3 different pc's. Called Palm support, and they put in an order for a new CD but didn't know when it would be available.

They advised me to go through the Treo 650 Support page to the Palm Desktop link. When I did this, just before the Download page I selected 680 from a dropdown, along w/ WinXP OS. Then it ofered me Palm Desktop 4.1.4E. Has anyone used this version of Palm Desktop with their 680? Should I go ahead and try it?

Thanks for any input.
    Two important things in my post:
    1) Palm has CD's in stock. I called yesterday and they put in an order and said they just received stock. If your CD is unreadable you should call Palm
    2) Yes, the version on the web is compatible, in fact if you go to Palm's support site and select Desktop/HotSync:Palm Desktop for Windows from the left side, then choose "latest version of Palm Desktop for Windows" you'll now be able to select Treo 680 and it will bring you to the download page (with special instructions for 680 users).

The important thing to remember about the web download version of Palm Desktop is that it doesn't include everything on the CD nor does it include the installer that attempts to remove incompatible software. Use this version to get up and running while you await your CD.
    Torrent no longer on minonova...could someone who downloaded this please put it up on a p2p site or some other fileserver?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast