1.    #1  
    I am using the Missing Sync 5.12 and it seems to work well, but for some reason it says that the photo sync is incompatible with the Treo 680, so I have to remove the SD card and read it manually. Anybody else having this challenge?

Also, I can't figure out two things about he Voice Memo (which I love):

1. How do you sync the voice memo's to your mac?
    2. Does anybody know what format the voice memo records in? I can't seem to find a settings perefernce that allows you to control the sound quality?
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    For # 2

As far as I remember the voice record is 8kHz sampling mono PCM (.wav). Since it is voice it doesn't have the higher quality sampling of what is used for music. I don't believe there is any way to change that.

I'm sure there are 3rd party voice recorder apps that can save in whatever format you want.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    If your storing your voice memos and photos an your SD card you can setup a file sync rule between your Palm and Mac in MissingSync.

That's how I've been transferring my VM's.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeE View Post
    I am using the Missing Sync 5.12 and it seems to work well, but for some reason it says that the photo sync is incompatible with the Treo 680, so I have to remove the SD card and read it manually. Anybody else having this challenge?
    i am. the 680 isn't on the supported devices list yet at markspace.com - i'm guessing they have some tweaking to do to get the software to work fully with the 680.

unfortunately, i'm having a few more problems with missing sync - it won't sync my calendars and address book anymore (changes made on my computer or on my 680 don't show up on the other device after a sync, and it's not even catching all the contacts in the categories i have set up in my mac's address book). and the sync log even shows that it synced my contacts and calendar properly. i hope markspace can get this working fully with the 680 soon...
    I've had no problems syncing my 680 with Missing Sync. When I first got the phone, I moved my ~Documents/Palm folder and started a new one from scratch. I reinstalled all my apps and then synced my data. I've had no problems at all. Even the MissingSync.prc mounts the SD card on my Desktop. Vindigo works, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
    I've had no problems syncing my 680 with Missing Sync. When I first got the phone, I moved my ~Documents/Palm folder and started a new one from scratch. I reinstalled all my apps and then synced my data. I've had no problems at all. Even the MissingSync.prc mounts the SD card on my Desktop. Vindigo works, too.
    Me too, EXCEPT the iPhoto conduit. Like r6girl, the conduit says the phone isn't supported. Sinebubble- are you saying that your iPhoto conduit is loading pix from your Treo on to your Mac? Not mine! I wrote them about it and they wrote back with some not so useful instructions that did not help. I am waiting for a response to a follow up email I sent.

Please keep in mind that Missing Sync has saved my *** many times over because of how bad the Palm desktop software is for Mac. It adds features that Palm has never, ever supported and makes the Treo run the way it's supposed to. I install it frequently on client Macs and it almost always solves the problems. MS does frequent updates and do give support via email. I'm hoping that they will do a quick fix that will add the 680 as a supported device!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2