1.    #1  
    I have a Mac G5, and Missing Sync 5.1.2.

Here's my transfer/upgrade strategy from my T3 (keeping the same username):

1. Remove "backups" ƒ from docs > palm > users > (name) tree

and store on desktop (renamed temporarily)

2. Uncheck "install" in the conduits menu, leave everything else checked

3. Perform an initial sync, selecting my existing username

4. Load PRC's a few at a time

If I do this, do I REALLY need to install the 680 desktop?

Ba-Ba-Bonus question: Are the .pdb folders & info I have stored in my 64MB SD card then OK to drag into the lower portion of the install window once a 1GB SD card is in the 680?
    Last edited by Pighood; 12/04/2006 at 09:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I use Missing Sync as well, and I didn't bother installing Palm Desktop. Especially knowing that it isn't Intel native, I had no intention of putting that dinosaur on my MacBook Pro.

What I did, after backing up my user folder, of course, was uncheck all the conduits except for Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks. Then, I set all those conduits to overwrite the handheld data with the computer's data, for good measure. Once I had that synced, I added PRCs via the install conduit a few at a time. I also beamed some apps from my 650 over to my 680. Worked out fine, except I did have to re-enter just about all of my passwords and reset all my preferences. But at least I know now that there isn't any creepy 650 residue in the 680 anywhere.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  3.    #3  
    Re-entering serial #'s beats the hell out of emailing the publishers to get new ones.

I'm a little confused with your statement:

"What I did, after backing up my user folder, of course, was uncheck all the conduits except for Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks. Then, I set all those conduits to overwrite the handheld data with the computer's data, for good measure."

Do you mean by "those conduits" the ones OTHER THAN Contacts, Calendar & tasks?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    Especially knowing that it isn't Intel native, I had no intention of putting that dinosaur on my MacBook Pro.
    Too funny, I am with you on that. I was told not to install the Palm Desktop
    on my Macbook Pro too. Hell, you won't even find XP on mine either.
    No offense to PC users.
  5.    #5  
    I have Palm Desktop, but I NEVER use it for loading PRC's or data. It does accurately reflect everything I do in Missing Sync.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
    Re-entering serial #'s beats the hell out of emailing the publishers to get new ones.

I'm a little confused with your statement:

"What I did, after backing up my user folder, of course, was uncheck all the conduits except for Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks. Then, I set all those conduits to overwrite the handheld data with the computer's data, for good measure."

Do you mean by "those conduits" the ones OTHER THAN Contacts, Calendar & tasks?
    Sorry. Pronoun trouble. No, I meant that I set Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks to overwrite the handheld, since my computer had all the info and the 680 was blank. You would think this was unnecessary, but since the sync history with my 650 told the computer that all that data should be on the Palm, when it saw the blank 680, it may assume that I had erased all my data and thus erase it all on my computer, too. So to make sure, I just set it to overwrite for just that first sync.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  7.    #7  
    Missing Sync also lists conduits for

Address Book
    Date Book
    Memo Pads
    Memos
    Not Pad
    TimeCopy
    ToDoList

Is there any particular reason NOT to set these conduits to also overwrite the new 680?