Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    If anyone figures out how to get new maps for Mobile XT, please let me know.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by zcu View Post
    Using Mobile XT on my centro and love it !!!!!
    Is the screen, being so small, difficult to see?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by democopy View Post
    Is the screen, being so small, difficult to see?
    Not to me. I use it often.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    This won't work? This is the latest version of City Navigator NT, which is what Mobile XT uses. The compatibility chart doesn't list any mobile devices, so it's sort of a gamble, I suppose. Garmin's product lines regarding mobile devices have always been confusing.

I see that the new versions of Mobile XT require the use of their micro SD card pre-loaded with maps which can't be transferred to a larger card. That makes it almost totally useless for Treos because then you can't access ANY programs or data on your SD card when you're using Garmin's navigation.
    You don't need a new version of City Navigator NT, you just need new maps. I know I have ordered the Map update CD=ROM each of the past 2 years (They send you the CD-ROM for free, but you have to pay --- about $75 I think, so I never actually bought the update and installed the updated maps.)

If I remember correctly, I just logged into My Garmin (where I had previously registered my Bluetooth GPS transponder) and clicked on Map Update. A few clicks and 2 weeks later, the CD arrived in my mailbox.

Let me know if you can't find the map update ordering info and I'll see if I can walk through it again myself. I think I'm about to upgrade from Treo 700p to the Pre in the next few days so I might have taken my last trip with the Mobile 10 and Mobile XT software...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    ... maps which can't be transferred to a larger card. ...
    There is a way around that problem, but we are not allowed to talk about it on here
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Can someone give me hint how to overcome this? Not enough dbCache to run MobileXT. I a trying to install it on Centro. No luck so far.
    In my case, a soft reset takes care of it.
    Does not work. Garmin TS reply my email saying it require 16MB NVFS dbCache at least to run it, which in my case will never occur. I just have 16MB according meminfo, but the largest free chunk never exceed 4MB. :<
    Quote Originally Posted by NetMetro View Post
    Does not work. Garmin TS reply my email saying it require 16MB NVFS dbCache at least to run it, which in my case will never occur. I just have 16MB according meminfo, but the largest free chunk never exceed 4MB. :<
    to clean dbcache i use a program called flush-it. get it for free at Miska's pages - Prologue

If the problem persists, try Garmin XT version 4 instead of version 5. It needs less memory.
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by NetMetro View Post
    Can someone give me hint how to overcome this? Not enough dbCache to run MobileXT. I a trying to install it on Centro. No luck so far.
    As others have said, a soft reset does it for me. If not, then you'll need to move as many apps as possible over to the SD card; most can be stored there, in general only those that need to run in the background need to be in main memory. There are many launcher programs that will facilitate the use of the SD card for storing apps until needed.
    Just for the record, I'm now a proud user of a Palm Pre, the new WebOS palm.

'Classic' is a WebOS app that emulates PalmOS. It works really well with lots of PalmOS apps, but so far I've not been able to get MobileXT to load
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Yes I am resurecting this old thread, if you PM me I think I can help.

I have run this on my 755P, I only got the to low DBcash notice one time, but I do do a soft reset before I use it, but I have been thinking of using cleanstart can some one tell me exactly how to use it?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    Yes I am resurecting this old thread, if you PM me I think I can help.

I have run this on my 755P, I only got the to low DBcash notice one time, but I do do a soft reset before I use it, but I have been thinking of using cleanstart can some one tell me exactly how to use it?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Install and open Cleanstart, uncheck some programs that you don't need to be run automatically in certain events or certain times. the system will ignore the existence of those unchecked programs untill you launch them.

For example, if you disable Versamail, you won't get automatic inbox check after reset. But it will work fine (even with auto check) anytime you call it from the launcher.

you can disable games, password safes, gps programs, calculators etc, without noticing any functional difference, besides more free dbcache and a bigger chunk at start.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526