Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 514
  1.    #301  
    If you have the GPS 10x receiver:

    http://www.garmin.com/software/Garmi...10x_41010p.exe

    If you have the older GPS 10 receiver:

    http://www8.garmin.com/software/Garm...S10_41010p.exe
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by randallwise View Post
    I noticed I'm on 4.00.40p. I spent an hour on Garmin's site and can't figure out how to get the latest software. Am I just missing something simple?

    RSW
    I have bookmarked this page to keep an eye on the updates:

    http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-00378-00

    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3. #303  
    I got an email on the weekend from "cartography@garmin.com" that says there's a map update, the email says:
    "Garmin is pleased to announce the new City Navigator North America NT 2008 Update. For the most up-to-date maps and navigation on your portable Garmin GPS unit, this is the software you want. This update offers full coverage for the U.S, Canada and Puerto Rico - making it easy and convenient to update the detailed maps and latest points of interest into your compatible Garmin unit.

    The update includes:

    Over 6 million miles of road coverage
    47 updated cities
    New street developments
    Over 6 million points of interest
    Postal code support for Canada
    Order the Map Update 2008 today!"
    *************
    Has anyone done this yet? If so, is it free? & is it a simple process or not? I've been extra busy lately so I just haven't had time to even look into it.

    The links within the email take me here:
    http://www8.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp

    Thanks,
    Patti
  4. AdamK's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by pconley View Post
    I got an email on the weekend from "cartography@garmin.com" that says there's a map update...

    Has anyone done this yet? If so, is it free? & is it a simple process or not? I've been extra busy lately so I just haven't had time to even look into it.
    The way that it worked for me was that I gave them my address and they sent me an update disc. It just came today - it installs just fine. However, it costs $75 for an unlock code. To me, it's not worth it.

    Regarding the software update, ever since I installed it I've had lots of problems staying connected to the receiver.

    Adam
  5. #305  
    Garmin released version 4.10.20p of their MobileXT software for palm devices

    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/do...=010-00579-00&

    Changes made from version 4.10.10p to 4.10.20p:

    * Added support for exiting the Main Map page using the left and right 5-way navigation buttons
    * Added support for automatically returning to Mobile XT after receiving a phone call
    * Improved stability on certain phones
    * Improved connection behavior when near PC-based Bluetooth devices
    * Improved GPS connection behavior when using a Bluetooth headset paired with a Treo 755 or Treo 700
    * Improved the display of information from U.S. Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots version 5 maps
    * Improved the auto-zoom behavior when displaying a 2-dimensional map view
    * Improved the behavior of pedestrian mode routing
  6. AdamK's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    Garmin released version 4.10.20p of their MobileXT software for palm devices

    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/do...=010-00579-00&
    Strange, it's not there now...
  7.    #307  
    Version 4.10.20 has been posted and removed a couple of times already!
  8. #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Version 4.10.20 has been posted and removed a couple of times already!
    Strange, when I first followed the link above it said 4.10.10p in the description but when I downloaded it the file was called 4.10.20p.

    But as of now, if you download it the file is called 4.10.10p?

    I installed the 4.10.20p I downloaded and it shows up as 4.10.20p. I can see the difference with the 5-way from within 3D maps.

    I've not had the chance to connect to my BT unit yet, but apart from that all seems fine.

    I wonder if the website version problems are just admin problems?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  9. #309  
    it seems that I'm getting more disconnections with the device.
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamK View Post
    The way that it worked for me was that I gave them my address and they sent me an update disc. It just came today - it installs just fine. However, it costs $75 for an unlock code. To me, it's not worth it.

    Adam
    I finally had a chance this weekend to do more with this. I clicked on the link in the email, which took me to the Garmin website. From there I logged in (I think your account, if you created one, is called something like My Garmin).

    Then I was able to "order" the update. There was a message on the screen stating that it was possible I'd have to pay $75 for it. I vaguely remember there being some documentation in the package when I received the unit stating that the first map update was free, when I logged into my account one of the options is something like "redeem additional unlock coupon". The cd is on its' way to me, when it gets here I'll have to see if it's free or if it will cost me $75.

    Did you order the updated map cd from your account?

    Patti
  11. AdamK's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by pconley View Post
    Did you order the updated map cd from your account?

    Patti
    I did - so I was hoping it would be a free upgrade as well but no such luck for me. I did buy my unit in December 2006 so maybe there's a time component?

    Adam
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamK View Post
    I did - so I was hoping it would be a free upgrade as well but no such luck for me. I did buy my unit in December 2006 so maybe there's a time component?

    Adam
    Hmm. My husband bought mine for me as a Christmas gift last year - so if that's the case I'll be out of luck, too.

    Have you noticed much difference with the updated maps? Where I live there have been a lot of new roads & shopping centers that don't currently show up on the map, it would be nice to have the update, although $75 seems a bit steep.

    Patti
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by pconley View Post
    Hmm. My husband bought mine for me as a Christmas gift last year - so if that's the case I'll be out of luck, too.

    Have you noticed much difference with the updated maps? Where I live there have been a lot of new roads & shopping centers that don't currently show up on the map, it would be nice to have the update, although $75 seems a bit steep.

    Patti
    If you go to the Garmin page for the new map version you are interested in there is a map viewer link that allows you to view the new map on-line.

    It's very slow, but it does enable you to see if local new roads are on there.

    I found that a 1 year old new road that has taken 3 years to build was not on V9. So I stuck with V8 and will go for V10 if the new road is on it when it comes out.

    ps I talking UK/EU maps
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  14. #314  
    apparently the 4.10.20p vanishd and suddendly, 4.10.30p appeared:

    Changes made from version 4.10.10p to 4.10.30p:

    * Added support for exiting the Main Map page using the left and right 5-way navigation buttons
    * Added support for automatically returning to Mobile XT after receiving a phone call
    * Improved stability on certain phones
    * Improved connection behavior when near PC-based Bluetooth devices
    * Improved GPS connection behavior when using a Bluetooth headset paired with a Treo 755 or Treo 700
    * Improved multi-language support in the startup wizard
    * Improved the display of information from U.S. Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots version 5 maps
    * Improved the auto-zoom behavior when displaying a 2-dimensional map view
    * Improved the behavior of pedestrian mode routing
    * Fixed potential night-mode color issue
    * Fixed a rare issue that prevented street names from displaying while on the map but not navigating
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    apparently the 4.10.20p vanishd and suddendly, 4.10.30p appeared:

    Changes made from version 4.10.10p to 4.10.30p:

    * Added support for exiting the Main Map page using the left and right 5-way navigation buttons
    * Added support for automatically returning to Mobile XT after receiving a phone call
    * Improved stability on certain phones
    * Improved connection behavior when near PC-based Bluetooth devices
    * Improved GPS connection behavior when using a Bluetooth headset paired with a Treo 755 or Treo 700
    * Improved multi-language support in the startup wizard
    * Improved the display of information from U.S. Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots version 5 maps
    * Improved the auto-zoom behavior when displaying a 2-dimensional map view
    * Improved the behavior of pedestrian mode routing
    * Fixed potential night-mode color issue
    * Fixed a rare issue that prevented street names from displaying while on the map but not navigating
    So by the looks for it, the "problem" with .20 which lead to .30 was:

    * Fixed potential night-mode color issue
    * Fixed a rare issue that prevented street names from displaying while on the map but not navigating

    Downloading now.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  16. #316  
    I was just talking with Garmin and just uploaded 4.10.30.

    I have heard that other folks have had luck with getting waypoints to shuttle between their PC and their Palm? I am using a 755p and doing my Garmin data shuttle via a card reader. I have not had any luck with getting waypoints to go from computer to memory card/palm or from memory card/palm to the computer.

    Anyone have any ideas for that?

    thanks,
    bill
  17. #317  
    The link below is an archive of all the versions of Garmin GPS10 software, Palm, PC etc.

    http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/gps10/

    If you have other Gamin GPS units you can find previous and current versions of their software too
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  18. #318  
    I downloaded 4.10.30 and installed it on my Centro yesterday. So far it seems far less prone to locking up that 4.10.10!
  19. #319  
    4.10.30p works 100% with active warnings, speed camera's, whereas I was having troubles with 4.10.10p making them work more than 30% of the time.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  20. #320  
    Hey guys great thread! I always tell people to search before posting but it's hard to find the answer in this specific thread. I have a Palm Centro and I'd like to get the Garmin Mobile XT with a Blue Tooth receiver. I guess I'd like to find one that's smaller, cheaper, runs longer than the Garmin receiver you get with the Mobile 10. Is there a list of third party receivers that work with Garmin Mobile XT or are you stuck with their own receiver? I know early in the thread you were stuck with theirs or maybe I just saw that somewhere else but I think that has changed?

Posting Permissions