Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    It should Pair via the BT setup. It should ask you for a code. Off the top of my head it's either 0000 or 1234
    The code is 1234. At least that's what works to pair the GPS 10 to my Powerbook (allows me to use the GPS 10 with Garmin's nRoute via Virtual PC; the GPS 10 appears at a Virtual PC serial port.)
    Last edited by bobodobo; 02/02/2007 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl View Post
    Well it's official- the GPS 10x will not work with Que... for now. It appears they are going to "backport" the 10x to the Que for us! But the catch is that you need non-NT maps. Also another confirmation that NT-maps are somehow different. Here's the whole response:
    Ok, so it wasn't just me.

Big catch since I would presume that the majority of those with the 10x got it with the NT maps...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    The code is 1234. At least that's what works to pair the GPS 10 to my Powerbook (allows me to use the GPS 10 with Garmin's nRoute via Virtual PC; the GPS 10 appears at a Virtual PC serial port.)
    1234 worked for pairing my GPS 10x with my Treo. I probably would have tried 0000 first except for your previous post. Thanks!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
  4.    #184  
    Wow this is getting complicated. I think the attached compatibility table (GPS 10 vs 10x; Que vs Mobile XT; NT vs non-NT maps) is correct, but let me know if I have something wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey, has anyone had an issue with their 10X receiver not working? Tonight I was running some errands so I had Garmin running again, & when I got to my destination I noticed my receiver had turned itself off. I thought that was odd, but I put it in my purse & did my shopping. When I came out of the store I was going to use Garmin on the way home again, but now my receiver won't even turn on. When I use it I always have it plugged in to the charger so I'm not sure what to make of it. I tried plugging it in to the charger again & the charger's light comes on but the light on the receiver itself that shows it's charging, didn't come on.....
    Quote Originally Posted by pconley View Post
    Hey, has anyone had an issue with their 10X receiver not working? Tonight I was running some errands so I had Garmin running again, & when I got to my destination I noticed my receiver had turned itself off. I thought that was odd, but I put it in my purse & did my shopping. When I came out of the store I was going to use Garmin on the way home again, but now my receiver won't even turn on. When I use it I always have it plugged in to the charger so I'm not sure what to make of it. I tried plugging it in to the charger again & the charger's light comes on but the light on the receiver itself that shows it's charging, didn't come on.....
    One time I had to take the battery out for a while to get it to work or to get any of the lights (blue or charging) to come on again.
    Thanks, that worked for me. It was sort of an accident - my husband took the battery out last night to test it & when I put it back in, it worked again. Weird, but I'm glad that worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by pconley View Post
    Weird! I had this EXACT issue on my way to the airport today. It was great. I had to take out the battery while navigating Manhattan traffic. I know, I know, I clicked "agree" but I really needed to get to the airport!

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    does anybody know which one of the XT files stores your "My Locations" data? I had a reset, and something must have gotten coruppted, so I had to do a fresh install, as a result I lost my all of my stored locations... I want to use filez to backup the file to safe place on my card, just in case it happens again... I know its neither of the huge files (3mb & 4mb) because I deleted them & re-ran the app & my locations were still there... so it must be one of the small ones...
    Has anyone here tried the 10x with the updated Palm software? It's supposed to improve memory handling. I was considering the 10X untill I started reading some of the threads here and elsewhere but many of the complaints seem to pre-date the updated Palm software so I am curious.

BILL
    I'm wondering the same thing. I've been sitting on the sideline for sometime. I had wanted this product so much, but have been waiting to see if Garmin will be able to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrohden View Post
    Has anyone here tried the 10x with the updated Palm software? It's supposed to improve memory handling. I was considering the 10X untill I started reading some of the threads here and elsewhere but many of the complaints seem to pre-date the updated Palm software so I am curious.

BILL
    Which device & what updated Palm software are you referring to? I have a Sprint Treo 650 & as far as I know I'm running the latest firmware. If that's not what you're asking about will you elaborate?
    If you go to the Palm site, all the 650's are supposed to get a firmware update (v1.05). It can not be done over the air. It has to be done through your PC. The software update was a surprise to me also, I discovered it because I was visiting the Palm site to look for some software.

BILL
    Quote Originally Posted by wrohden View Post
    If you go to the Palm site, all the 650's are supposed to get a firmware update (v1.05). It can not be done over the air. It has to be done through your PC. The software update was a surprise to me also, I discovered it because I was visiting the Palm site to look for some software.

BILL
    Hmmmm. Sprint firmware latest revision is 1.13a, which is what I have. I know there's a DST update that I haven't installed yet but I can't see how that would help with any memory issues.

Is your 650 also with Sprint? If not, that may be why you're seeing a different firmware version.
    I'm with Verizon so it may indeed be a different version #. If you click on your specific carrier on the update page, it gives you the most recent version for your carrier. The only way I know that it deals with memory handling is from the description that I read on the site as I paged through towards the update.

It may just be a lot of BS, who knows, but I'd be interested if any other Verizon customers had tried the 10x after the update, I've been looking for something more portable & compact than my handheld GPS for those times when I don't need or want to carry a seperate, dedicated unit. I have always used & liked Garmin products, so this solution is definitely appealing to me. I just don't want to waste a couple hundred dollars on a less than ideal solution or something that makes my Treo less functional in other ways as I use it a lot.

BILL
    As an unfortunate follow up to this thread, I just recommended the TomTom unit for a gift for a family member with a 650. I couldn't in good conscience recommend this product for anyone.

I'll wait out the software updates, but I'm not putting anyone else in this position.

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Yeah, after waiting anxiously for months for Garmin to release this, I decided to pass based on the poor experience of everybody here. I just got Tom Tom Nav 6 with a Globalsat BT-338. It's working very well. It lacks a few features I would like, but it is very stable, and that's what counts.
    will the tom tom software work with the 10x reciever?
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I myself don't know specifically in this case- but I read a review recently that said the software would work with non-TomTom receivers. To quote the article:
    I had always assumed that the hardware and software components of the GPS had to be made by the same manufacturer to work well so that, for example, the TomTom Navigator software would only work with the TomTom GPS receiver. In fact the GPS software and hardware are fully interchangable and in much the same way that you can use any Bluetooth headset with the Bluetooth software on your Treo you can also use any GPS receiver once you have at least one GPS navigation software installed.
    Here's the link to the article: http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/10/travelling_with.html

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I'm not sure. The Garmin software will only work with a Garmin receiver, as they lock the maps using the receiver as the key. Tom Tom on the other hand locks the maps to your Treo, not the receiver, so in general you can use a variety of receivers with Tom Tom. I don't know about the 10x in particular, though. I did read somewhere that Garmin crippled the sirf III chipset in the 10x, allowing it to only lock onto 12 sats instead of 20 (or something to that effect).