Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    I had GoodLink on the Treo 680 and it was working great.

    Upgraded to ver 4.9 and now I get Goodlink contacts only.

    -From the home screen press Contacts w/"g" and goes to good contacts
    -From the home screen press the native palm contacts icon and it goes to good contacts too.

    -tried the file Z fix and now it goes to the phone screen when I press either contact icon.

    I Hard Reset. Good on back up restore on card and have not resored it.

    any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    Delete the Goodlinks address file (GoodAddressBookApp.prc) using a filemanager and your built-in contact will magically reappear.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Delete the Goodlinks address file (GoodAddressBookApp.prc) using a filemanager and your built-in contact will magically reappear.
    tried that and no luck. thank you though.
  4. #4  
    GMM uses it's own datastore for contacts. I know on the 650, there was a workaround (the one Sweider referred to), but I do not know if that works with the 680. Based upon your reply, it doesn't appear that it works. Unfortunately, I don't have another answer for you.
  5. #5  
    An alternative to swieder's approach is shown in this post. Easy to do and works well on my 700p. Can't think of a reason it wouldn't work for the 680 as well.

    Once it's done, just make sure the button assignments point to the right place per your preference.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    GMM uses it's own datastore for contacts. I know on the 650, there was a workaround (the one Sweider referred to), but I do not know if that works with the 680. Based upon your reply, it doesn't appear that it works. Unfortunately, I don't have another answer for you.
    well let me try this again....and just to make sure I understand this is what I'm reading that I should do.

    use "fileZ"
    go to the "view and edit files"
    expand "internal'
    Find the "GoodAddressBookApp.prc"
    click detail
    then click delete

    is that what you mean?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    An alternative to swieder's approach is shown in this post. Easy to do and works well on my 700p. Can't think of a reason it wouldn't work for the 680 as well.

    Once it's done, just make sure the button assignments point to the right place per your preference.
    a similar fix worked on Good 4.8 on my 650 & 680. I just deleted the creator field.

    I was just "upgraded" to 4.9 and that same fix doesn't work. The strange thing is that even after I deleted the Goodaddressbookapp the native palm contact could not be displayed.
  8. #8  
    I'm not sure deleting the creator field is the best approach as I expect PalmOS expects every app to have one. I think the important thing is there is only one app (Palm Contacts) that has a creator ID of "PAdd". Using 4.9 on my 700p, I changed the GOOD Contacts app to have a creator ID of "GAdd" to resolve the overlap. Now they can coexist, I can assign them to different buttons, and both get updated (hotsync for Palm Contacts and OTA for GOOD).
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    I'm not sure deleting the creator field is the best approach as I expect PalmOS expects every app to have one. I think the important thing is there is only one app (Palm Contacts) that has a creator ID of "PAdd". Using 4.9 on my 700p, I changed the GOOD Contacts app to have a creator ID of "GAdd" to resolve the overlap. Now they can coexist, I can assign them to different buttons, and both get updated (hotsync for Palm Contacts and OTA for GOOD).
    just tried that and no luck. Still can't access the palm contacts from the palm contacts icon on the home screen either.

    Yes, both contact icons go to the goodlink contacts.
    Last edited by engelstein; 12/05/2006 at 11:24 AM.
  10.    #10  
    I just tried deleting the good contacts.

    now the only contact icon on the home screen is the palm contacts and it does NOTHING.

    any suggestions?
  11. #11  
    Use Filez and modify the attributes of the GoodLinkPhoneView

    Change the type from PhVw to PhVg to enable palm contacts.

    Hope that helps.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNATT View Post
    Use Filez and modify the attributes of the GoodLinkPhoneView

    Change the type from PhVw to PhVg to enable palm contacts.

    Hope that helps.
    I have version 4.9 and there isnt' a Goodlinkphoneview shown on file z.
  13. #13  
    What is your exact version; I am running 4.9.2_30 of Goodlink on treo 680
    Last edited by DNATT; 12/09/2006 at 07:31 AM.
  14. jwbekens's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    #14  
    My colleague came to me this afternoon unable to use the native palm contacts with Good 4.9.1.46 on her new Cingular 680
    There is no file named Goodlinkphoneview. There is no Goodlinkphoneview file in 4.9.2.3 either.
    We tried all of the aforementioned ways for the 650 and 700p to use the native Palm contacts. None worked. The 680 is a different beast. When using Good the phone application tabs always show at the bottom when you choose contacts. The problem is in how the phone application recognizes the good contacts.
  15.    #15  
    OK here is the word I have from my IT/Good support people. It an issue specific to Cingular with the 680. I'm not a real techie person, they told me what the issue was but I can't remember.

    DNATT- I don't know exactly which version of 4.9 I have. Since I didn't see the GoodLinkPhoneView in file z per your suggestion, I hard reset so I can access my native palm contacts.

    We're trying to have me as a single user on the good 4.8 which worked perfect.

    Thank you for all the help if someone gets it working on the cingular system let me know & I will also let you all know once/if I get it working.
  16. #16  
    Go to Goodlink perference and then go to about good mobile messaging.

    it will tell you the exact version of the goodlink running. for 4.9.2_30 it contains a goodlinkphoneview.

    Worse case good through all your goodlink applications in filez and look for the application that contains type equal to PhVw and change that parameter to PhVg. Then your contacts will go back to native palm contacts.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNATT View Post
    Go to Goodlink perference and then go to about good mobile messaging.

    it will tell you the exact version of the goodlink running. for 4.9.2_30 it contains a goodlinkphoneview.

    Worse case good through all your goodlink applications in filez and look for the application that contains type equal to PhVw and change that parameter to PhVg. Then your contacts will go back to native palm contacts.
    as far as good preferences.....can't see them when it's not installed. I need the contact info worse than e-mail server.

    I think that we have 4.9.1.46

    I didn't see any good app that had the PhVg type.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by engelstein View Post
    as far as good preferences.....can't see them when it's not installed. I need the contact info worse than e-mail server.

    I think that we have 4.9.1.46

    I didn't see any good app that had the PhVg type.
    Look for PhWw
  19. #19  
    I'm having the exact same problem on 4.9.1.46. The Treo680 integrated the Contacts functionality into the Phone app, so all previous ways to disable the Goodlink AddressBook stub app seem to be invalid.

    I wish I had known this before I upgraded from my 650 to the 680. I use the Palm contacts extensively, and don't know of a way to access Palm Contacts anymore.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sircoolio View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem on 4.9.1.46. The Treo680 integrated the Contacts functionality into the Phone app, so all previous ways to disable the Goodlink AddressBook stub app seem to be invalid.

    I wish I had known this before I upgraded from my 650 to the 680. I use the Palm contacts extensively, and don't know of a way to access Palm Contacts anymore.

    yea, it's a double edge sword. My 650 didn't have enough memory plus was reseting ALL the time. When I went to the store they said to upgrade to the 680; more memory/new phone all problems solved.

    Now, GMM 4.8...NO PROBLEMS! It's only when we went to 4.9 that this is an issue.

    My IT dept won't roll back my edition. (you should see if yours will) For now, it's better for me to be able to use other e-mail and NOT get my GMM because of the PALM contact issue. It's still frustrating. I went with out GMM & corp e-mail for a while and was fine; but once you have a cool tool/toy it's hard to give it back.

    Hopefully they will have a fix for me soon. They swear they are working on it. A soon as I have a word of the fix I'll share.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions