Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I haven't yet had the opportunity to try this myself, but a colleague told me that this can be resolved by using FileZ to change the type of the SamplePhoneView-Sample file from PhVw to PhVg. I'm waiting for my sole 680 user (I do tech support) to bring me her device so I can test this out but thought I'd post in the meantime so those of you pulling your hair out can give this a whirl before you're completely bald.

Good luck! Please post your results.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlukas View Post
    I haven't yet had the opportunity to try this myself, but a colleague told me that this can be resolved by using FileZ to change the type of the SamplePhoneView-Sample file from PhVw to PhVg. I'm waiting for my sole 680 user (I do tech support) to bring me her device so I can test this out but thought I'd post in the meantime so those of you pulling your hair out can give this a whirl before you're completely bald.

Good luck! Please post your results.
    OK the "Goodphoneview" is not on the 4.9.1.46 but what Dulkas says is there!! I'm re-installing now to see if it works.

WOOOO-HOOOOO it works!! you guys rock!!Dulkas e-mail me your address & I'll send you a present!
    Last edited by engelstein; 12/20/2006 at 06:48 PM.
  3.    #23  
    ok. version 4.9.1.46 on a Treo 680 Here is the FIX.

get file z.

in the file structure look for "Samplephoneview"
    place a check next to it.
    click "details"
    change the "Type" field to "PhVg".
    click "save" and "close

Works PERFECT.
    I used DNATT's instructions of 12/09 to change the file type in FileZ and it worked! Thanks for saving my a*&... I am using the Treo 680 on Cingular and was able to see the file you mentioned... Tx.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DNATT
    Use Filez and modify the attributes of the GoodLinkPhoneView

Change the type from PhVw to PhVg to enable palm contacts.

Hope that helps.

I have version 4.9 and there isnt' a Goodlinkphoneview shown on file z.
    I had my IT department roll me back to .8.xx and now I have access to both GoodLink and my Palm contacts. The .9.xx version has much tighter integration with the 680 and eliminates the path to having both Palm contacts and GoodLink email, calendar, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhz157 View Post
    I have version 4.9 and there isnt' a Goodlinkphoneview shown on file z.
    I found it on 4.9.1. Are you using a current version of FileZ and looking at internal memory?
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
    I followed the above steps and I can once again access my Palm contacts on the 680, but the phone won't recognize incoming calls as coming from anyone listed in the address book. Everyone's "Unknown Caller," basically. Anyone else having this same problem?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Czech View Post
    I followed the above steps and I can once again access my Palm contacts on the 680, but the phone won't recognize incoming calls as coming from anyone listed in the address book. Everyone's "Unknown Caller," basically. Anyone else having this same problem?
    Sorry, I noticed that too. Also if you go to send a text/SMS message and search for a contact it goes to Good contacts too.

Here's the fix that I found to be effective.

Open file z
    in the internal file structure look for "goodaddressbookapp"
    click details; delete the creator field-OR- change the last letter i.e. PAdd to PAdg
    click save
    click close

worked for me.
    Caller ID uses Palm Native contacts and text contact lookup goes to Palm cantacts too.
    Quote Originally Posted by engelstein View Post
    Sorry, I noticed that too. Also if you go to send a text/SMS message and search for a contact it goes to Good contacts too.

Here's the fix that I found to be effective...
    Very cool! Worked like a charm. Thanks a ton.
    I have followed both steps above and I have recovered my native palm contacts app! Thank you so much! I successfully synced all my contacts back on to my treo 680. The phone now identifies callers from my native address book - yipee! The SMS app now looks to the native app database for recipients BUT Snapper, Chatter, and Versamail pull up a blank list in the lookup function! I can use good mail and it looks in both my corporate database or my personal database of addresses from the good contacts app. Any ideas? I really would like to get Chatter to pull emails from my personal addresses in the native palm app.

I am on version 4.9.1.46 on a Treo 680 unlocked on T-Mobile.

Joel
    OK never mind - I discovered the problem. Somehow the Mark/Space conduit set to overwrite the handheld changed all the emails to look like telephone numbers. I swapped one back to an email and it appeared in the lookup lists from the mail apps. I am trying a different method to get my old contacts back (Entourage one way sync). Lets see...

Joel
    Worked like a charm! I now have my corporate calendar, contacts, email syncing wirelessly with Good AND via the web to entourage on my Powerbook G4 which syncs to Mac's Addressbook and iCal which syncs one way to my Treo 680 via missing sync and everything works!

This is truly a miracle - I had given up until I found this thread that has enabled med to get back my native PIM apps.

I am a happy camper!

Thanks to everyone that contributed to Treocentral - what a resource!

Joel
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12